Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2003 5:12:15 AM EDT
I ask because I ordered one threw the local dealer and it's been 6 weeks. getting a little worried, I can't wait much longer, the pressure is killing me.  any advise on getting rid of the bug.  and is it worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I was all set to get an RR Varminter until the dealer told me it would take 4-6 weeks to ship, so I said ta hell with it! I then ordered Bushmaster's version and had it in a week!

===RUT===
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#2]
that was my problem too, but I went RRA because of the trigger,barrel,price
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I waited just over 7 weeks....I believe it is well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
which model did you go with, i went with 24''varm.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
My std a2 took 10 weeks.

My varminter upper took 12 weeks.

WELL worth the wait! I wouldn't settle for any other!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
8 weeks for a chrome lined M4gery. The original estimated wait was 4 weeks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My Bushy varminter was in stock. Along with several others.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a dealer i use in ga. Hit & Run  i get my rifles in 2-3 days---email me if you want his phone #--i have purchased 5 rifles and uppers from him in the last month---great guy and great prices--jimbo
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll second Hit & Run.  I got my RRA lower from him.  There was a bit of a mix-up with my stock though.  I received old style fixed tele-stock instead of the new model I had paid for.  Not a problem at all, but his RRA order took well over six weeks to come in!  My friend is a dealer and he waited over seven weeks for two RRAs to come in.  I ordered my RRA upper through SableCO and had got it in only three weeks.  Sometimes, ya get lucky.  I'd plan on waiting 6-8 though.  They make great products and they're worth the wait.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I was talking to Steve from RRA over the weekend. He says they get about 400 barrels in one order from the maker. These vary as to size, CM or chrome, etc. Part of your wait depends on what you ordered and when they can get it assembled. They also are having difficulties buying ammo for test firing since outfits like Black Hills got some huge contracts recently. BH was hit by the Navy for 4 mil rounds, with a chance of an additional 11 mil. We were also discussing their match triggers. They have one guy doing them. He fits and assembles one per fifteen minutes, so about 32 per day. He's backed up for at least two weeks.
Just got to hold on. It'll get there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a rra elite tactical a4 with the le compensator on it. I just prefered the build quality and trigger quality over that of a bushmaster. It took 7 weeks and 2 days to come in, there is only one problem. I went to pick it up from my dealer a week ago, and we realized it was a pre-ban le only model (real collapsible stock and bayo lug. ) now I'm waiting on the correct one to come in hoping it will not be another 7 weeks. Unfortunately it isn't sep 2004 so i could'nt take it home. I was rather upset, and until I looked it over and tried that trigger, I can't wait until I get the new one in.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long does it take RRA to build a Rifle?
View Quote

About an hour, just like most other AR companies. Troy
View Quote

BUT , If you can't wait that long,
there are TONS of RR rifles for sale on
Gunbroker.com  [:D]

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a 16" RRA Varmint upper from Sableco mid April. Was told 3-4 weeks upon order, but still wating....
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Troy is correct.  Actually building the rifle isn't the problem...parts availability is.  Just by knowing what they build, I count 16 different basic barrels, 4 uppers, 15 handguards, 12 stocks, etc..If their manufacturer/vendor relationship is like every other with which I am familiar in the firearms industry, they're ordering barrels 2+ months ahead, and trying to estimate both supply and demand so as to not run out before the new ones get in.  Also, its not as easy as it would seem to just call a vendor and say "hey, we're short 5000 extractors...can you red label them to me?"  The parts houses do runs based on anticipated demand...if they run out before the next scheduled run, anyone buying from them waits as well.
Another factor is when the dealer actually orders the rifle.  While some do it right away, others don't.  Some only order one day each week.  Some wait to see if they can combine orders to save on shipping.  Others "get around to it when they can".  We all like to think its the other guy's dealer, but sometimes it's our FFL guy as well.  Since they "build to order", if there's no order, there's no build.
Old Tiger is also partially correct.  Two-stage triggers can take 15 minutes each...but generally only about 5-10.  But even at that rate, cranking out hundreds of triggers takes time.  That they include it as a standard feature rather than as an expensive upgrade says a lot them.
Gotta go.
Sluggo  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top