Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 4:37:09 AM EDT
Can someone point me to a clear list of features you cannot have on a Post-Ban AR15?  

Most of the differences I've heard about seem trivial.  Who cares if you can put a bayonet on your barrel.  When is the last time you heard about a bayonet being used in combat?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a good description of pre vs. post on this site. Here is a link:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/preORpost.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If you've got a dettachable magazine, you can't have more than 1 of the following 5 features: grenade launcher, bayonet mount, pistol grip, flash suppressor and collapsible stock. Since all AR's have the pistol grip, we are S.O.L. on the others. Of the remaining 4, the last 2 are the ones commonly found on pre-bans that most of us would consider for various versions of the AR.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
On a normal post-ban, you can't have two or more of the following.

A pistol grip
A folding or collapsible stock.
A bayonet lug.
A flash hider. (nor a supressor, because they supress flash aswell)
a Threaded barrel that will accept a flash hider.
Or a grenade launcher.

I think thats all of them.

To put it simply, you can only have one "evil feature. In this case, the pistol grip is probably your evil feature.
  They have funny little hook looking substitutes that look very uncomfortable, but they dont count as a pistol grip. So you could have another evil feature if you wanted.
 Personally, I  think I'll keep my pistol grip.

And you're right, most of the features are kind of trivial. You can easily get by without them and still have fun with your rifle.
 But they only passed the ban because they couldnt get something stricter by the first time around.

Personally, I want the ban to die not so much so I can have a collapsible stock, or put a supressor on. I want it to die because it's wrong and a slap in the face to the people that own these kinds of guns.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Wonder if they made a thumbhole stock for the AR...could we put a FS on it then?
Just sitting here thinking about it.
Joel
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and i just broke 100 posts : )
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope, thumbholes stocks still count as pistol grips as far as the AWB. This has come up a few times before..Someone posted a link with little weird  hook things, like i mentioned before, that doesnt count as a pistol grip, but they dont look like much fun to shoot with.
I guess if you had one of those you could attach a flash supressor as long as it was permanant. (no threads)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top