Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 10:14:24 PM EDT
I was just looking at the synthetic Cav stocks.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  What about long term durability.  It seems like an idea that will totally bomb or really work, no middle ground.

How about Cav arms on a whole compared to RRA and Bushy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been wondering if I was specific enough.  I am refering to their stock/reciever/grip combo.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, I recently purchased a set of "tan" furniture for a carbine. It all works fine. The hangaurds are real good. Aluminum inserts and a nice match up at the seams. They didn't warp like the stock Oly ones did, under the rigors of multiple, bach to back, non-stop serious beercan ventilation sessions of course.

Treetop,
Since you obviuosly have more experience with the product than I do, maybe you can offer up a suggestion to remedy my plight...

The "tan" guards and stock stain up real bad if I touch them with ANYTHING, and they don't want to clean up. Most notably, green thumb residue from Wolf ammo, and LSA. Yea, I know, Wolf shoots fine for me cuz I burn a ****load of it and I run my guns hot, clean and oily. Until I get this worked out, I have to shoot up my good $tuff... brass cased only. I almost want to wear gloves with the darned thing...
1) Got any suggestions to make the product easier to live with?
2) Is this characteristic exclusive to the "tan" set?

Thanks in advance...

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate to be the monkey with the wrench, but both of my one piece receivers have split in different places. One split right behind the mag well, the other along the top of the stock.

Cav Arms will replace them, if/when they get around to returning my phone calls.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top