Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2003 12:45:47 PM EDT
just wondering what you guys use for a laser bore sight for the ar-15, ive seen a buncha ones that u stick in the front end of the barrel, but that setup seems flimsy and likely to produce error, is it? id like one for the AR you can insert into the chamber itself and shoot the laser thru the barrel, seems like that would be a more accurate way to go, any advice? specific products? tips? thanks

like perhaps this one...cabelas laser boresight
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
btt...no one boresights?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
ALPEC Boresight
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Aimshot. It works pretty good but, there are two issues I have found with this setup. First, the unit has no on/off switch, so you have to turn it on by turning the screw cap clockwise, and off clockwise. This is very clumsy because you have to un-chamber the unit to do this, and if you unscrew too far the batteries will fall out. The other problem is that the laser is standard (consumer) power, as allowed by law. This makes it almost useless during the day at more than about 10 yards. Since It's pretty much mandatory to use at 25 yards or more, you need to either use at dusk if outside, indoors, or use a reflector of some kind. I'm still pretty happy with mine, and at $59.00 on sale at MidwayUSA, it was a steal. It really came in handy when I had an over-torqued barell, and had no other definitive way to confirm this. I would recommend it, but only if you can get it on sale like I did. Good luck.

Revision: According to Ad at Cabella's the Aimshot has an on/off switch now. Check out before you buy though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Aimshot and I like it.  One problem with an A2 scope mount is that the sights are so much higher than the bore.  I have about 15' across my garage and had the scope crosshairs in the elevation limit to center the red dot.  Of course, when I got to the range it was shooting 4' over the target at 100 yards!
When I got back home after finally getting on the paper, I re-installed the laser and made a mark on the wall showing the crosshairs and the red dot zeroed at 100 yards so that I can check zero if I remove and replace the scope.
Chamber inserts allow you to use the basic .223 laser in other common rifle chambers, and I think they make an insert for shotguns.
DON'T DRY FIRE WITH THE LASER IN THE CHAMBER!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top