Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 8:56:34 AM EDT
I have had a M-A kit built on a Bushmaster lower for several years and love it, its very accurate and 100% reliable. A few days ago, I decided to buy a couple lowers so I could drop a pre-ban upper on each when 9/13/04 rolls around. I started comparing the Rock River lowers to the Bushmaster and noticed that the Bushmaster lower has alot of visable machining marks on the outside and inside of the lower. The Rock River lowers have absolutely no machining marks on them anywhere, in fact I clostely inspencted them and the finish is utterly perfect. What gives? The Bushmaster lower cost me 150.00 three years ago, the Rock River lowers only cost 92.00 each.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, RRA is producing the best AR on the market right now.  I had a chance to really look over their AR's, as well as AR's from all of the other manufacturers at this years Shot Show, and they were much better than their competition including some of the "custom" guns.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
This is just personal opinion, but I think Bushmaster is the best civilian on the market.  Along with Armalite and the more expensive Colt they are the preimer AR manufacutre in the US.  I believe the RRA is rank below the big three but still produce an excellent product especially with the price they offer.  I am getting a RRA upper for a demo gun, it will be a blaster but I want a good quality upper and reliability.  I find RRA fit the bill and deliver the price I am looking for.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Am fairly recent purchaser of a RRA Nat'l Match lower and have to say ditto to comments above. I love the 2-stage trigger on it and fit and finish is superb. When fitted w/ a RRA M4 chrome lined 16" w/ faux A2 shoots decently too: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=161267&w=activePop[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Bushmaster lower cost me 150.00 three years ago, the Rock River lowers only cost 92.00 each.
View Quote

Mind passing along where you can get the RRA lowers for $92 each?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Rabbit. The RRAs were the best looking ARs in the whole SHOT Show this year! They had the best fit and finish out of all the ARs I examined. I bought one and I don't regret it one bit. Sure the wait was hellacious, but the product is very high quality! I cannot comare it to a Bushy accuracy-wise b/c I only fired a few for fun, but the fit on the RRAs beats the pants off some of the new Bushies I have examined! What up with that?
B9
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
My RRA AR is superior in quality to my Bushmaster.  I doubt i'll ever buy another Bushmaster product again as long as RRA keeps up the good work.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Bushmaster products but I have no need to pay the extra expense for the name alone.

Flame on [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris Rose at Eagle Firearms. I found them in the Equipment Exchange.

Here:     [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=165943[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone tell me if RRA lowers are machined out on the inside the same way that Bushmaster lowers are?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me if RRA lowers are machined out on the inside the same way that Bushmaster lowers are?
View Quote

RRA have higher rear shelves which occassionally makes fitting non RRA uppers problematic.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Totally agree that RR does much better,and smoother, metal preparation.  however, my own experience is thatbushmaster puts a much tougher and wear resistant anodising on the metal.  My Rock River stuff will chip off with almost any ding from an external source.  The Bushie finish stays on.

Also, Bushie internal parts are much more likely to be mil spec.  It appears Rock River, with the exception of their match trigger, uses outside produced pieces, that may or may not be any good. I have recieved broken and out of spec parts from them---and other makers as well.

Don't get me wrong. I like Rock River and Bushie both, and have examples of both their products. Just calling it like I've experienced it[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top