Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 6:55:56 AM EDT
I was browsing through Shotgun News and I saw an ad for AR-15 pistol kits.  An upper with a 7" barrel and special buffer tube.

This got me to wondering about the legality of such things.  If memory serves, the assault weapon ban also included pistols weighing more than 50 ozs with the mag forward of the trigger guard and that you couldn't have a shrouded barrel either.  

What's the scoop?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to put it on a virgin lower(ie. you bought lower that has never had a buttstock on it.)

And unless you have a pre-ban AR-pistol, the only way to make the 50oz legality limit is to turn the lower into swiss cheese, or permanitley attach a magazine to the lower, either through welding, and riviting, or epoxy and such. This would make a break loading AR.

Get in touch with Quarterbore here on ARFCOM, and I'm sure he can help you a lot more than I can.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]

They just bought the rights to Professional Ordinance...

=)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a link to quarterbores website. lots of informatin that should anwser all your questions

[url]http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/sbr-aow-pistol.html[/url]

Edited to add a more direct link.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top