Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 5:30:52 AM EDT
  Wait until the AWB expires and everyone starts rebarreling the post bans with all the EVIL features.  I wonder what the implication would be if I ordered mine now to have it on hand for Sept 13 2003.

Yes I'm being optimistic I do think it will sunset.  I think the politicians have paid big at the polls for 1994 and most don't want another taste.  Keep up the good work get out and vote, support the NRA write your congress(person) fire up you friends most importantly GET INVOLVED!  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
On hand for 2004...  ; )

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Oops, a little too optimistic there.  I meant 2004.  [banghead]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
you just need to take your post ban down to the local gun smith and have the barrel turned down to the proper diameter to be threaded.  then buy a barrel threading die from brownells and wait.  unless you just want a bayo lug i wouldn't mess with one.  if you do just order a preban gas block and knock the pins out of yours and install the new gas block and put the pins in.  it's easy.  the only thing you can't do it turn down the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
  Wait until the AWB expires and everyone starts rebarreling the post bans with all the EVIL features.  I wonder what the implication would be if I ordered mine now to have it on hand for Sept 13 2003. [soapbox]
View Quote

I think it will be even worse for magazines. What do you think the back log will be on C-Mags? 6 months? 1 Year? What about 15 round Gen3 Glock magazines, or HK USP? It might take a long time to clear the backlog. of course, and of the existing LEO/MIL will be sellable, so that might help.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it will boost the economy. [:D] If it hasn't been boosted by then.

BTW, I think it's easier to make a preban barrel into a postban, then a postban into a preban. FWIW [;)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats IF companies start to make their "military assault rifles" available to the public. Sure, you could convert a post-post-ban, but will gun companies such as HK, GLOCK, and all those other companies start manufacturing their stuff for normal civilians?

HK has already sad that if they build a plant in the US, they will continue not sell any of their previously restricted weapons to civilians.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

HK -- will continue not sell any of their previously restricted weapons to civilians.
View Quote

yea, but money changes everything.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... I think the politicians have paid big at the [u]poles[/u] ...
View Quote

If you mean the POLES at the strip clubs, I agree that many of our politicians probably have "paid big"...

If you mean the [red]POLLS[/red] where we vote, no, they haven't paid enough, not yet...

Personally, I have several pre-bans and I like the configuration of my post-ban ARs - the only "banned" feature I might add if/when the AWB sunsets is a collapsible stock here & there.  But I have several non-AR "post-ban" weapons to which I would like to add "evil features," so I'm right there with you in spirit...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The Pre-ban stuff is already on the market, magazines, threaded barrels, flash hiders, everything.

I doubt there will be a huge backlog.  Production can ramp up pretty quickly, and as it has been stated before, all LEO/GOVT ONLY mags become EVERYBODY ONLY.

I might check out that barrel threading option 308Wood mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]
 I can do calculus and program computers but I kant spel wort a chit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 I can do calculus and program computers but I kant spel wort a chit.
View Quote

No worries.  I was just being a SA [:D] - we all knew what you meant...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
all LEO/GOVT ONLY mags become EVERYBODY ONLY.
View Quote

This may be true, but I won't buy them unless they were dirt cheap.

I now believe that the AWB will sunset next year. However, I believe that a new AWB will be passed in the future. There is no way that the GOP will keep control of Washington indifinitely. At some point the Democrats will take control. 2004 (no), 2008, or 2012. History shows that the parties will switch.

When the traitors take control, they will pass an AWB in their first year. When this happens the LEO only mags will be illegal. Time will tell about the other mags.

Philip
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
That's why we all need to get out and vote with our checkbooks by supporting the Gun Lobby.  The only real power we have is our checkbooks and if we all work together on a common goal we can keep our freedoms.  Except you poor souls in the Peoples Republic of California, my advice to you is move out and hope the earthquake everyone thinks is comming dumps it in the ocean.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#14]
The gun companies wont know what hit them. Guns, mags, and acessories will be flying off the shelves. I think that the back log will be huge.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Collapsable stocks, flash supps and tons of mags. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Just think how many people now admittedly regret not stocking up just prior to the implementation of the AWB in '94. I have one buddy who has $6000.00 set aside to gobble up everything that will be civilian legal once again. I believe we will significantly impact the gun market as consumers and that will result in large profits for the gun industry.
Let's face it, the AWB has had a negative effect on the economy as it relates to the general public. When it comes to increased revenue, the federal gov't increases expenditure. I doubt once they whiff the smell of green, that they will create new legislation which negatively impacts the gun industry. Believe me they know how much money they have lost since the AWB.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
The Ban is here to stay so you don't have to wett your pants just yet !!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#18]
What I’m going to do with my credit cards come Next September is downright NASTY!
[devil]

I hope.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I know that next summer when the ban is about to fall I'll will be stocking up on some evil parts.  esp the colabsable (sp) stocks.

Badredfish [devil]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top