Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
Someone said that Bushmaster now uses a Pin through the bottom of a Flash Suppressor that is Permanenly Fixed to the barrel??

That would look like Crap?

I have a couple old Pre Ban's with Permanenly Fixed Flash suppressor and there are No Pins through the bottom?

Is this guy crazy or what?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Its called a blind pin and its flush with the brake and thats why you cant see it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
No, he says you can see it this new Bushmaster he got?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
You should not be able to see it.  If its just sticking out you can remove it and thats not a blind pin and its illegal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a pic of the bottom of my perm. phantom on my bushy. I couldn't find any evidence of a pin except for a slight uneveness of the finish on the bottom. hope this helps.    [image]
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p76c52dff45943f6d92d646faa0afa9b8/fc106012.jpg[/image]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to see that picture but it is not working?
Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of the Bushmasters that I have/had with the pin sticking out and visible were done with post ban crowned muzzles (no threads).  The one AK brake I have was done with the blind pin method. If you look really hard you can barely make out the pin.  For the most part Bushmaster will blind pin just for asthetic reasons.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
My pre-ban Bushmaster 14.5" M4 upper has a permanently-attached Phantom flash suppressor with a blind pin. You cannot even tell that it is there.

A post-ban Bushmaster Dissipator that I owned had an AK-style muzzlebrake permanently attached with a visible pin.

Maybe Bushmaster only uses the visible pin on post-ban AR-15 rifles.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top