Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 5:20:27 AM EDT
I KNOW I HAVE POSTED THIS BEFORE BUT NOONE SEEMED TO KNOW SO IF YOU WOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LET ME KNOW WHO MADE THIS I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL    THIS IS AN AR 180 AR 15 HRBRID OF SOME SORT THAT SIDE FOLDS I THINK I WAS MISTAKEN IN THE PAST THINKING THAT THIS WAS A FLOATING BARREL BUT AGAIN ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS DOC!

http://www.geocities.com/patriotarms/0ar.jpg
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
i am no expert but it sounds like an origional armalight ar180
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a picture of the rifle he is asking about. (must be cut and pasted)

http://www.geocities.com/patriotarms/0ar.jpg

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry my computer skills are lacking as was noted the link must be pasted

No it's not an ar 180 but it does have some of the features ie. side folding stock and direct gas system like an AK  thanks again

DOC

GOD HATES A COWARD!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
It might be a ZM.
www.zmweapons.com
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I can only confirm that this is not an ArmaLite preban AR-180 but have no idea what it is.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It might be a ZM.
www.zmweapons.com
View Quote

DOC,
I don't know how important this is to you but I saw a ZM rifle for sale in the EE - the seller was "loose-round" and I'm fairly sure he said he could email pictures.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I notice the pics address has "Patriot Arms" listed in it.

There was a company named Patriot Arms once-upon-a-time in the Denver area. I'm not sure what all they made, but they did AR15-type firearms.

I would guess this is something they put together. I have no idea if they are still in buisness.

[i]Edited to add: This thread has a few pics of the ZM rifle. I'm going to guess this one is a knockoff of theirs.[/i]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
My friend...I agree with mikepenn33 ....that looks like a ZM to me......but if it has Patriot on the LOWER receiver there was a Manufacture ...ROCKY MOUNTIAN ARMS....that manufactured Pistol Lowers only....they range from about 1900.00 to 3500.00 depending on which on it is....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I looked at the patriot arms site and there AR's have the buffer tube the one in my picture has a direct gas system much like that of an AK or ZM weapons again maybe this is a prototype for ZM I have no idea I was just hoping that someone had seen one before. thanks again

DOC

GOD HATES A COWARD!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
That upper sure looks like the ones that RND Manufacturing makes.
The lower looks like it must be just a Pre-ban lower and I don't know about the stock. I know I have seen them before but don't remember where now.
 RND web site is WWW.rndedge.com I haven't been to it in a while so I don't know what happened to the rest of the site but they used to have some pictures of uppers just like that on there.
 You can email them to get more info from them their address is on the homepage.
 I have been to their shop and checked out their rifles, They are very high priced but I think they are well worth it.
 The way they work is the bolt carrier is about half as long as regular AR carrier and the buffer spring is above the carrier in the upper receiver.
One other thing RND does have a connection with Rocky Mountain Arms, They made the lowers for the pistol AR's before the '94 ban.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont kow what it is either..but I will buy it right now!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top