Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 11:50:09 PM EDT
Who makes the most comfortable scope that will put your finger in a good shooting position? thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I like A2. Hogue looks good, cause its like A2 but softer. Havent tried one yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I will have to say that the SPR grip is the most comfortable grip I have ever used.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive thought about switching out before.  I bought my 1st AR in 1989, and have had the A2 ever since.  I decided Im too old to change now. A coworker has an Ergogrip, and it feels decent, but not enough to make me change.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sold on the Fobus G27. Most excellent fit for my hand. I won't buy anything else anymore. However, I have heard of aftermarket grips melting when they are exposed to heat. Ask John Feamster. He was at Thunder Ranch and someones aftermarket melted laying in the sun.  He believes in GI only for Tactical use. I haven't given my G27 a melt test but it feels the best of everything I've tried so far!
[beer]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:48:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the SPR on my target rifle. It really fills my hand well. Places my trigger finger in just the right position. As stated by Treetop won't work for left hand shooting because of the large thumb shelf.

I have the First Samco G27 grip on my SHTF carbine. It is thin like a stock grip but it is a little wider front to back so it helps somewhat with finger position. It will allow for left hand shooting which is desirable in a combat type weapon I think. After using it a few times at the range I have come to like it quite a bit. Not sure if it'll melt in the sun or not.

Shabo
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:07:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll chime in and say that I really like the G27/First Samco grip as well. The "beavertail" on it allows me to get up high on the grip. This allows me much greater control of the weapon during rapid fire. I've no idea if it will melt or not. Its made from plastic so I would suspect it'll melt. If it gets hot enough to melt then I won't want to be holding onto it anyway.
pic:
[img]http://personalpages.tds.net/~eflanagin/evilrifleedjectionside.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I have tried several different grips, and have found that the TangoDown Battle grip works best for me.

[url]www.tangodownllc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got my G27 today. Definitely the best grip that I have used to date. I haven't tried the SPR yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Four Ergo grips on three rigs!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the Houge.  The fit and feel fits my hands perfectly. I have em on all of mine.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I set up all my rifles shotguns pistols so I can shoot them strong/weak side. So far I like the Hogue best because the targety type grips are all set up for right handed shooting only.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I set up all my rifles shotguns pistols so I can shoot them strong/weak side. So far I like the Hogue best because the targety type grips are all set up for right handed shooting only.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
To me the Hogue grips are the most comfortable.  The also give me great handling and control.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top