Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2003 2:15:13 PM EDT
If the AWB sunsets, will these beta-c's become immediately available to the public? How soon and how much will the price be for civilians?
I'm talking brand new unused beta's. I also wonder how much they were going for prior to the ban? Also, how has this company been affected since the AWB was started? Should i shell out the money now, or should I hope for the AWB to sunset and buy it then? Thanks all!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the mags were in the mid $300's and I'm sure that when the AWB sunsets there will be some immediately available... the LEO only mags sitting on dealers shelves will no longer be restricted and they'll want to move them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188049&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Beta C is, of course, currently available to the LEO community.  From memory, I believe that price is about $230.  Our price should be the same.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Beta C is, of course, currently available to the LEO community.  From memory, I believe that price is about $230.  Our price should be the same.
View Quote

Ruben Mendiola is about the best in the Beta C business and I just checked his site and the 'delivered' price for LEO Beta C's is $225.00 !!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That might just be my first purchase then! I bought one a year or so ago and sold it soon after because I couldn't justify a $500 mag. $225, I could justify!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That might just be my first purchase then! I bought one a year or so ago and sold it soon after because I couldn't justify a $500 mag. $225, I could justify!
View Quote

Traded my Beta C about a month ago - the Beta C and $200 for a Romak III.  Can't remember exactly how much I paid for mine but nothing like the absurd prices you see today.

I too can justify $225 !!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Are those things very reliable feeders?

I have never even given a thought to owning one at any price.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The manufacturer always wanted to limit sales to LEO's only, even before the AWB.  But some have gotten out to the general public.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
As I said my post in the link above, the price of beta mags wond come down too much. My guess is about $400 after the ban.

Beta never sold directly to the public so the only way people could get them was through dealers who had police trade-ins and then were sent off to be refinished and repired. It was up to the dealers to set the price for the sale of beta's to the public, not the beta company.

Unless beta changes their policy, they will continue not to sell to the public, even after the ban.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I imagine the backlog on these things will be several months to meet demand after 9/13/04.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top