BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2003 2:54:09 PM EDT
HI,

I have had many dealings with many companies over the years and really do not have anything  too bad to say about anyone of them, until now. Botach Tactical has to be the worst and most uncaring company I have ever seen in my life.I called the around 7 times today and paged them another 4 times and never got a return call, not even one time. I finally got throught on the phone, as I was the one that kept on calling. I talk to a young man who could not answer any of my questions about the products that they were selling. And when I ask a question he would leave the phone for around 5 mins and come back with no answer. I as ask for the supervisor and was told he is to busy to talk to you. This is what I got for wanting to buy a product from them. This is without a dought the worst experience I ever got form any company in my life and would highly recomand that no one do busniess with them. Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered an item from them a few months ago, and I specified 3-day select for shipping. Two weeks later I was finally able to get hold of them on the phone. They told me that they would 2nd-day-air it to me free of charge. How did it arrive? 3-day select and they billed me for the shipping. [:(!]
Never again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
HI,

After just one day taking to them I would not ever do business with them. They simply do not care about the customer and do not even want to try to answer any questions about they products. I have never seen a company that seems it does not want to sell anything, it appears this company is trying not to sell anything, BOTACH TACTICAL. COM, it is trying to be the first company  to not please the customer and they do not want to sell anything they have or call anyone back. Do not do business with this company they are not nice. Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to do business with either [url]www.sableco.net[/url], or [url]mstn.biz[/url]. You may pay more than with Botach, but the customer service you get makes it well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard this for years not to deal with BOTACH it has to be the worst customer complaints since the DMV(satans asshole).
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I wanted to buy some IMI M855 a couple of months back.  Don't ask me why.  I do have a 1/7 Colt that I thought it would be neat to put the heavier bullets through, but since I'm only planning for < 100 yard shots in a SHTF situation, and M193 penetrates metal (?car doors) better anyway within that range, there really was no need for it.  I tried everything on God's Green Earth to contact Botach and I simply couldn't get through.  Almost as an afterthought, I emailed them one last time a couple of weeks after my last try.  I get an almost immediate response asking to call so-and-so back.  I did, ordered a case of M855 and got a 2% discount for PMO.  But never again.  Why does it have to be so difficult to exchange money for ammo?  It's right out of Twilight Zone.        
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My first order was a pain.  After three weeks, I found out via email that they were holding because one item was backordered.  (I never got an email or anything to to let me know.)  I told them to just cancel the backordered item, and they shipped the rest.  From now on, I give [b]very[/b] explicit directions with every order, and I haven't had any problems.  "If you're out of OD magpuls, I'll take black.  If you're out of black, please remove them from my order.  If you're out of anything else I ordered, please remove that item from my order.  Thanks!"
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I've ordered twice from them online. Both orders were filled and shipped in less than 48 hours. My third order is in process right now and I got my email telling me it's shipping. Nothing but great service on online orders.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
HI,

seeing how BOTACH sucks, where would anyone here suggest where I could go to buy goggles. I want a wide selection and I want to look at Wiley xsg1 and the Hatch Boss 6000?.Where can I go to buy these goggles from and get good service, and which one of these goggles do you think is the better ones?. Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Got to:

www.Lightfighter.com

....and see if they have the goggles you need.  They have a wide variety of everything for the operator and it is all TOP NOTCH.  No I don't work for them!  Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
BOTACH=BAD
I ordered a bunch of stuff, they said they shipped it, but it never came.  They could not give me a tracking number and did not return my phone calls.  When I had my credit card company dispute the charge, it was shipped the next day(they charged me for next day shipping).
I would buy from Wes, Donnie, Lane or other arfcom members
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
At the start of the year I wanted some IMI Blue Tip (158 grain subsonic 9mm).  Botach had some in stock.  I asked an FFL to buy two cases of Blue Tip and a case of Black Tip (9MM +P) for me.  I even put down about $350 deposit.  They would not give out a Dealers Discount to him.  So No Sale.
[V]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm amazed that you found someone at Botach who could not only comprehend the English language, but could also speak it.  First order, got lucky, everything was in stock.  Second order not so lucky.  Recieved an e-mail telling me that it was shipping, then two weeks later after many calls I was told one item on backorder and that they would no longer honor the sale price (They had already charged my CC for it.  Had them cancel the order.  Made the foolish mistake of trying one more time.  After 3 months item showed up despite my request that they cancel the order.  Botach SUCKS!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Another company that sucks ass and should NEVER be used is HSgear.biz I ordered a CQB sopsling on 4-25-03 and after a verbal altercation with the owner, he finally told me that he doesn't stock ANY merchandise. I finally got my sling on 5-21-03 after having to harrass the guy yo send me my product. He later told me if i didn't like the sling, He would only charge me a 30% re-stocking fee. This company should be avoided at all times.
For those who run a business, it won't take long for people to become praisers or haters.
People shell out their hard earned dough and all they ask in return is prompt service and a helpful staff. HSGear.biz can kiss my ass!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the group!  I've placed three orders with them:  #1 Holster out of stock "indefinitely" so they didn't bother to ship my knife until I called three weeks later to bitch.  #2 Ordered a GG&G front Sling thing and got a GG&G End Plate Sling Adapter because they didn't have the Sling thing.  #3 Order placed while waiting for #2 for the other Sling Thing and I terminated the order when I found out that the first Sling thing wasn't in stock.  They weren't terribly friendly on the phone and it took damn near forever to get my refund.  Horrible company to deal with.  I'm an idiot for giving them another chance...  Never again!  I gave my business to SableCO and Robert was a pleasure to deal with[:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Botach is pure evil. You've been warned!
[devil]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Botach is pure evil. You've been warned!
[devil]
View Quote

[:D] Once again!!
We keep telling them, but they won't listen!

For those of you still out of 'the loop' on Botach, it was officially renamed [b]BOTOX[/b] over a year ago. If you still need to ask why, then you might as well just keep placing orders with [LOLabove]
For my own amusement, when [still] reading up on complaints, I refer back to that saying: [i]"I used to get angry, now I'm just amused"[/i]
Or just a simple F.U.B.A.R. will suffice--fucked-up beyond all recognition. Perfect!

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like B.O.H.I.C.A. to me. Buck Fotach.   -TF
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:18:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I used to ignore all the posts until now.  I ordered another rifle from them, express mailed it and after almost a month they still have no tracking numbers or any info on the shipping.  The only proof of my order is the charge to my card.  I called them numerous times, and even though they say they will call you back they dont.  Then I found out they didn't even have the rifle in their store but had it shipped out from another company.  They promised me they would send another one, but I said no thanks just refund my money to my card.  Oh yeah and I disputed the charge on my card. Hope everything turns out okay.  But basicaly I've noticed the only way to get decent delivery times is make sure they have it in stock first. Call...Call...Call....
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:28:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Call, call, call - someone else!!  They do not deserve anything but criticism.  I too have been burned by them, they do not return calls or e-mails, no matter how many times you contact them. Life is too short and as others have pointed out there are plenty of other people who treat the customer like they should be treated.  I second the Sable Co is first rate montra.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow, I'm really suprised there aren't any comments here, like I got in my Sableco warning message thread a bit ago.  You know, the guys who say " I had a great experience with so and so, your complaint isn't valid, and so you can STFU" basically. Hmm...makes one wonder WHY this is.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#21]
It's because they're generally good, but sometimes everyone screws up.

Botox screws up consistantly. I tried calling them to order a Streamlight Scorpion for a month, and when I finally got an answer, I could not understand a word the other person was speaking.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Botrash is GREAT if your a smart shopper and find other more reputable companies that will price match Botrashes low prices.  I have price matched several times using this method, just think, you get a great price AND customer service!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered some Danner Ft Lewis boots and some gloves and other misc gear and TRIPLE CONFIRMED that it was in stock and what the shipping address was and got a tracking number THE NEXT day and everything went smooth as silk.

Botach is GREAT! [;)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You need to do business with either [url]www.sableco.net[/url], or [url]mstn.biz[/url]. You may pay more than with Botach, but the customer service you get makes it well worth it.
View Quote
I definately agree with that statement. The guys at [url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url] get a good deal of my business too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I've ordered from Botach 3-4 times over the past two years. Not a single problem. Every order was correct and shipped very timely. I find it funny to see people call them "evil". Every company has "mistakes" from time to time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#26]
HI,

I think some people got it completely wrong. Mistakes from time to time okay, no problem,but they are are completely unwilling to help and will not even return an E-mail or phone call. That goes way beyond time to time, there is no way a company tells a customer they do not have time to talk to you, oh well,? and they could care less if the customer is unhappy, this compant, BOTACH TACTICAL plainly sucks and are just wrong. Thanks,Kev. Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I will NEVER do business with BOTACH again.  I even went so far as to pay more for earplugs from another site.  

They messed up shipping with me.  Said things were in stock, then changed the order date, etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Botach is like having a cheap HMO plan. Don't go there unless you know how the system works.
 Everything about your order needs to be made very clear at the begining, and things should go OK. Good prices, but out of stock alot. I knew this before, so i'll always call the next day to see if they received the order right. While I hav'nt had problems getting in touch,  the no english thing is an issue ( based out of LA. ).
   Sableco is OK, and MSTN very good, but a buddy of mine on this site ordered a Rockriver 9mm upper set up  from    Pete-in-**** ( you know where ), and after three months of getting the reply of soon, asked for his money back, and was given a hassell. What's his problem ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys who think you have them figured out, and have some method of making sure things go right... you dont know anything. Sorry, but its true. I read your suggestions to people, and I remember when I used to think that was the answer. Go ahead and call to make sure its in stock. Go ahead and double check the status. Go ahead. With Botach, there is no system. Sooner or later it will break down on you and they will screw you. Its just their nature. And you cant change it. If you've beaten the system so far, quit while your ahead. If you think you're feeling lucky, go ahead and keep ordering, play the lotto. But dont moan and complain when they screw it up. And eventually, the will screw it up. That much is gauranteed.

As for me, I'm done with them long ago. I cant count the amount of orders I've made with them. Maybe about half or slightly more went smooth. The other half are too troubling to want to repeat here. Story after story. Now, I say screw them. The slight money you save is not worth supporting a business with such terrible busniess practices. Look them up with the better business beureua and see what comes up!

In conclusion, there are simply far, FAR too many other competitive companies out there, working too hard to provide the best products, at a competitive price. I'd rather spend the extra 3% to 5% to help support that good businesses efforts. Supporting the business that cares not only about its customers, but has a love for the hobby, knows the product line and need and will do more for our shooting community. Botach has none of the above qualities whatsoever. Screw Botach, they are evil and you have been warned.
[devil]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#30]
hmmmm, i just called them to find out if they had any Surefire M900A's in stock and the kid (who kept saying "sir" after every single darn word) didn't know and had to put me on hold for a few minutes.  Then they said to call back on Tuesday to find out.  How can you not know if you have something in stock?  At first he said they had no such product - finally after explaining what it is he put me on hold.  

I don't know, they may have one of the best prices out there for the M900 but if I need it quick and the order gets messed up... I'd rather spend the extra for good customer service and a place that knows their inventory/products and can get it in the mail fast w/o hassle!  

I guess I won't call them back tuesday.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I tried to buy something from them online once and thought that it was going to be sent to me but all I got instead was an email several days later saying they didn't have it in stock and were not going to have any more ever. I wasn't all that upset but I remember thinking "that is a hell of a way to run a business". I haven't considered buying from them again. How does the company stay in business? I agree with you all that I would rather pay a little more and actually get the product. I also tend to patronize online sites that allow hassle free returns if you are dissatisfied with the product. I don't believe it is asking too much to be able to return something bought online and not be charged a restocking fee or have to get a return auth. number etc.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How does the company stay in business?
View Quote
Well, according to their site they do cater to LE and military. Maybe they have some nice juicy department contracts?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does the company stay in business?
View Quote
Well, according to their site they do cater to LE and military. Maybe they have some nice juicy department contracts?
View Quote

I think that you hit the nail on the head.  After all, they seem to operate almost as efficiently as the average government agency. There's no way that they are surviving on civilian sales.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#34]
BOTOX [b]still[/b] reelin' in a few suckers???
[ROFL2]
Damned! Those are some tough critters to put down! [banghead]
BOTOX has slick marketing like Klinton's got charm!

Just like [b]new-arguy[/b] said already, I don't needto repeat it.
I'll just sit back and watch the show.
[beer]

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Not only do they suck ... but they'll imediately charge your credit card even if they're not shipping your order.  Then, a month or two later when you try to cancel the order, which strangly hasn't shipped even though you got no correspondence telling you why, you can't get through to them.

I had to file a complaint with my credit card company to get my money back.

Botach can suck the sweat from my balls.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I have dealt with them to and yes they suck. Maybe we should write IMI and see if they can allow some other company the rights to be the sole importer of their M855/ss109. From what I understand Botach is it and everyone get's it from them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Botach is horrible about returning phone calls or emails or smoke signals..etc..etc...

I once tried to contact them to place a 9K dollar order and they blew me off like they didn't want my business..  Pathetic service if you ask me..  I for one will not even consider them for any of my shopping needs
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have dealt with them to and yes they suck. Maybe we should write IMI and see if they can allow some other company the rights to be the sole importer of their M855/ss109. From what I understand Botach is it and everyone get's it from them.
View Quote

Has anyone's experience been any better when just ordering ammo?  You guys have me nervous now - I ordered a case of M855 this morning!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Three for three. Just received my order from Botachtactical.com and it is everything expected. I received exactly the product I ordered in a timely fashion. Ordered 5/21 and received 5/27 with a holiday and weekend in between. The pants I ordered are better than what I used to buy for about 40% less money. BT has done right by me all 3 times I've ordered from them. I'll shop with them again in the future.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered (4) G2 SureFire lights and was able to add 20 SureFire lithium batteries for $20 per light purchased.  Bought a set for each of the four G2s I bought.  Ordered (2) spare lamp assemblies.  Ordered some tactical gloves, and some mag pulls.

Botach calls and says they only have one of the lamp assemblies and do I want to wait or what?  Cancel the model out of stock  and let er rip.

Bout a week later I get the package from Botach.  They substitute Toshiba batteries for the SureFires they had advertised on their web site.  They also left out the lamp assembly they charged me for.

Called and spoke with Jasmine.  She says she will mail out a pre-paid label to mail back the wrong batteries to them and oh, by the way, both of the lamp assemblies were out of stock.  She will send it right out though.

Week later, nothing.   Call Jasmine.  Lamp assembly not in.  Will send shipping label along with the 80 SureFire batteries.  Will send lamp assembly when it comes seperately.  Okay, says I.

Week later, nothing.  Call Jasmine.  Lamp assembly is in.  Will send shipping labels, 80 SureFire batteries and the lamp assembly.

10 days later, nothing.  Call credit card company and dispute charge.  Call and leave message for Jasmine.

Can't hold breath much longer......

P.S.  Lucky for me I found this thread AFTER I placed my order.........

From now on I check wit youse guys.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#42]
If you run a search on the forums, I'm sure you will find a sh!tload of complaints about Botach Tactical.  Of all the postings I've seen about Botach, not one of them had anything good to say about them.  Maybe their locals will keep them in business...or maybe they won't.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Keep 'em coming boys -- get it out of your system!

Botach is nothing but mind-fuck.
How else can it be stated?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Keep 'em coming boys -- get it out of your system!

Botach is nothing but mind-fuck.
How else can it be stated?
View Quote

[ROFL2]   Couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#45]
I had to file a complaint with my credit card company to get my money back
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Between 1997 and 2000, I was a BIG supporter of Botach Tactical. During that time, I NEVER had an issue with them. Many orders (all web orders)
were made for ammo, equipment, etc. All orders were shipped promptly and arrived packaged properly (sturdy shipping cartons, well padded, etc).......

Fast forward to now....

I have yet to have an order go right with them. For example:

I order a set of Peltor hearing protectors. The order is not sent. I call customer service, they say the stuff is out of stock. Then, they tell me they have one left. I get the order about a week later. The problem was that the order was placed in one of those thinly padded mailing bags. Needless to say, the protectors were trashed. I sent them back and complained. They sent me another set and again, they came as before. I was really pissed and set them back and cancelled the order. The only thing I never had a problem with was ammo. All ammo orders went without a hitch.

Moral to the story:

There are two kinds of Botach Customers:

Those that have been hosed....
Those that are going to get hosed....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a friend of mine who used to work for the LAPD, he told me that some or all of the guys at BOTACH worked for IMI at one time.  The are all from Israel.  The have all the contracts such as IMI, UZI’s, etc. Anything that comes from Israel goes through them.
BTW:  He said they were crooks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I hate to say it, but I have been hosed by botach.  I have learned my lesson and have told all my friends and then some to stay clear of Botach.  All we can do is spread the word and keeping warning people.  It would be nice to have a web site dedicated to public reviews for online customers, kinda like doing ebay feedback :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#49]
My friend from the club called them today to find out if they have any Surefire M900A's in stock for $419.00 - he said the guy that answered the phone had no idea what he was talking about.  He said they didn't carry them.  

I almost ordered some accessories from them but went to another 'net vendor.  Maybe someone should file a complaint with the BBB.  They would have to answer the complaint and say something for themselves.  

There's nothing worse than ordering something and never getting it, having no contact with the sales people, order wrong, attitudes from csr's, credit card problems, etc...  i've been very lucky so far (knock on wood) and have not had any probs with the internet sites I order from.  

I'm all for paying a little extra to a vendor that is at the very least willing to email you and let you know "what's up".  

thank god i saw this post before i ordered from them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Here is some interesting FYI....

Yahoo Shopping has a policy of dropping a merchant if their merchant rating goes below two stars. I was shocked to find out that they (Botach) carry a three and a half (out of five) star rating. I was truly amazed.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top