Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 4:00:37 AM EDT
I'd like to get some feedback on a new product that is just about to release to the public.  Let me know what you think or suggestions on how to improve or what you'd like to see.  

Ever been interested in the 7.62x39 version of the Colt AR15?  

Ever tried to find extra mags for them (damn near impossible!)?  

How about an 7.62 AR15 that accepts AK47 mags AND drums..  

How about getting rid of the rinky dink gas tube the AR15 uses and replacing it with a piston like the AK47?  

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The only complaints I recall hearing about the Colt 7.62 Sporters (other than mags) revolved around bolt problems.  I got the impression that reaming out a 223 bolt face for 7.62 resulted in a weak bolt.  The comment "when it breaks, not if it breaks" comes to mind.

Can the bolt be made beefier?  I realize that this requires a larger barrel extension and different upper.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I think this is a great idea.  Is this similar to the SR-47?  Cheap mags, cheaper ammo, what's not to like?  Don't really care about the piston vs. tube debate.  Chrome the chamber and bore, though.

Edit:  Would like to see drop-free mag catch.

G23c
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, they work. You only need 20 rnd GI mags to run the gun. but you can only load about 4 or 5 rnds. The usa franken mag wors good. The russian round , due to its shape inherently wants to feed and extract.

There are not any bolt probs.

Goto AR47.com for a AKAR job. The mag lip thingy catches above the front pivot pin. Uses drums also.
GG
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If KAC would release the SR-47, i'd buy one. Though that is unlikely to ever happen.

If another reputable company released a similar weapon of similar quality, i'd buy one. How likely this is remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a question, why not buy an sar-1, as cheap as they are right now. You could add a mojo peep sight and red star arms trigger group, and have a hell of a rifle for probably 1/3 of the cost of an ar in 7.62x39. Sure, it would not be as pretty, but it would do the job and save you some money. I am looking into an sar 3 as we speak.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
For those of you who are interested in a rifle like this, let me introduce you to the AR47.  This is a complete AR15 type rifle that uses AK type mags.  It comes standard with an A3 flat-top receiver and stainless steel barrel.  you have the choice of two configurations, either a 16" barrel CAR version with a pinned open collapsible stock, or a 20" barrel with the standard full stock.  

In the near future a piston system will also be available to replace the gas tube system that is currently being used in AR15 rifles.  

Receivers are also available for those of you who already own a 7.62 upper.  

Check out www.ar47.com for receivers or just contact me for receivers or complete rifles.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
When you machine the upper receiver, do you use any type upper or is there a specific brand that might have thicker walls?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
So what kind of "endurance test" has the gas system gone through to date?   Anything over 100-200 rounds yet?

Anything even remotely close to 2k-3k rounds yet with the tube surviving?

Lastly, what's your relationship to Todd?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what kind of "endurance test" has the gas system gone through to date?   Anything over 100-200 rounds yet?

View Quote

Given the fact Special Weapons and this guys address are only a few blocks apart according to MapQuest, I'd say he's one of Todd's few friends or he is another family member... if not Todd himself.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Given the fact Special Weapons and this guys address are only a few blocks apart according to MapQuest, I'd say he's one of Todd's few friends or he is another family member... if not Todd himself.
View Quote

Todd is famous at full-auto. I've heard nothing
good about this projest. Be real interesting how
well this gun is built and how long it can hold up.
Wanna send me one to test? I'll bump at least 1,000
rounds through it. And then let the DFW crew test it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If the thing is so great, why did the guys at Knob Creek refuse to shoot it? If it was in production and ready to shit err... ship then, why doesn't anybody have one yet? Is this yet another Todd Bailey rip off?

BTW, Is there going to be a belt-fed version to go with the .223 AR-15 belt-fed that SW was supposed to start production on 8+ months ago that you could mount on the polymer AR-style lower that SW was supposed to put CavArms out of business with well over a year ago?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Ship it to me, I will, out of my own stash, put 1k rounds of new wolf through it and post before, during, and after pics. I will also take it to a Michigan Pit shoot and let people there fire as many rounds of wolf and barnul as they wish to (and have with them), and post reports and pics.

That should prove how good it is and create a great deal of excitement.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Boy he disappeared quick ??????????????????
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
He has not IMed me yet to take me up on my offer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:41:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dun dun DUN!

Hey, where's RobS?
View Quote
Sucking... umm... nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dun dun DUN!

Hey, where's RobS?
View Quote

He's out w/ LARRYG36 and Toad,...err Todd.

Pulling [i]"the train"[/i]     [:X*]

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey now, Don't piss on LarryG36. He's good people.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For those of you who are interested in a rifle like this, let me introduce you to the AR47.  This is a complete AR15 type rifle that uses AK type mags.  It comes standard with an A3 flat-top receiver and stainless steel barrel.  you have the choice of two configurations, either a 16" barrel CAR version with a pinned open collapsible stock, or a 20" barrel with the standard full stock.  

In the near future a piston system will also be available to replace the gas tube system that is currently being used in AR15 rifles.  

Receivers are also available for those of you who already own a 7.62 upper.  

Check out www.ar47.com for receivers or just contact me for receivers or complete rifles.

Enjoy
View Quote

[b]And let ME introduce YOU to "Kevin".[/b]  He's the staff member that handles advertisers here on AR15.com - paying advertisers that is.

You are advertising for AR-47, right ??  Or are you just pimping ??
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top