Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2003 5:53:24 PM EDT
All I hear is everyone saying how great bore snakes are.  Are they as good as everyone says for cleaning the bore?  Where can I get them at?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Marine, you should be able to find them at any local gun shop.  You can even find a similar product at Wally World.  Don't pay more than $15 or so for them.  I got mine for $12.00
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Their good and QUICK ... you will still use your rod etc.  But 90% of the work is now done at the range.

Try www.brownells.com  I believe they're 13.95 or so.  Also buy a LULA there.  2 great toys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks bros, by the way, I already have a LULA.  I never leave home without it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought bore snakes for every caliber I own after jamming an Otis patch in a brandy new Armalite.  It took 24 hours and alot of Kroil to get it out!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I use one and I think it's a good product but I still use a cleaning rod and patches like W-W.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
BoreSnakes are the shit!
It makes cleaning your rifle so much easier.
I have one for every caliber of weapon I own and one 12 ga. for my shotguns.
You'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
I'll second that on the LULA--great tool that actually works as advertised.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top