Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 4:15:07 PM EDT
hey gang...

I've downloaded the NRA high power rules, and find where it specifies a 4.5 lb trigger..etc...

and i realize the basic premise that the firearm resemble the military original  ( for service rifle division)...

but any suggestions for websites that deal with this sport...what i've found through google searches hasn't shed much light for me...

just planning on a build, and would like it legal the first time i show up:)

thanks..

Ken B
North Texas
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres a page with links..

http://www.mrra.org/links.asp
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a forum just for competitions here, and there is a web site called highpower.com, or something like that. I ran across it recently at the office, but can't find it tonight. I know Tippie posts there, you might email him from the industry forums and ask about the site. I'll try to remember to check at the office tomorrow and post it here.

try:
[url]http://nationalmatch.us/forums/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm new to the sport so i'm not that good a source.  There are quite a few links that can be helpful but unfortunately I don't have tham bookmarked on this computer.

As was said before check out the Accurate AR forum under the general discussion section.  Check out whiteoakprecision.com who also posts here as gasgunner.  Compass Lake Engineering is also a good source.

That said the most common mods are trigger, sights float tube and of course barrel.  weights can also be added.

I'm taking a different approach.  I started with a stock 20 in. barreled AR and am slowly adding parts as my budget allows.  

Go to the Accurate AR section and run thought all the old posts.  It's a treasure trove of info.

Kent
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top