Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 4:04:41 PM EDT
Do you have to Pluck the Foam in a Pelican 1700 Case or can you get them already cut out for the AR15 ?
Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they come with different types of foam, depending on how you order it. The Starlight cases case be ordered with custom cut foam. It may be best to get the closed cell foam and do it your self.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The 1700 and 1750 don't have the pluck foam. You have to cut it, preferrably using an electric carving knife. It's actually pretty easy if you take your time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
That sounds like No Fun at all ? [:(]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it can be. It allows you to set up the case, laying out the weapon and gear just how you want it. You can buy sheets of foam, although that can be expensive. I've heard of people doing that and retrofitting cheaper cases.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone Post a Picture of one with the Foam Cut Out without the gun in it ?
So I can see what the Foam looks like after being Cut Out?
Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have that option. If the user does it, it's appearance will be related to the effort put into it. The ones that are custom should be die cut and will be nice. Contact Starlight, they may be able to accept a template done by you or have standard cut outs already done for certain weapons. I got my Starlight case from Stacey Blankenship(Blankenshipcustomguns) It was for my Rem770 w/the Accuracy International and it was custom cut already. I cut out spots for my gear, it turned out ok. If you are doing it yourself, ask them not to glue the two bottom layers together, then you do that after you cut it out. Otherwise, you have to tear the layers apart when cutting them.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a brand new 1750 sitting right here. The middle layer, the one you cut, is not yet glued in. There are comprehensive instructions on how to do a professional looking job, included inside. Several guys on this board have 1700's or 1750's that they cut themselves and they look great! It isn't very hard to do.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
So the Foam is not Glued together?
How many layers are there in the case?
Thanks.. [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:02:34 AM EDT
[#9]
No its not glued.

and theres 2 layers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No its not glued.

and theres 2 layers.
View Quote

Three counting the one in the lid.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Come on guys post some pictures of those 1700 with or without the guns in them??
I want to see !!!! [bounce]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top