Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 7:54:52 AM EDT
Are the carbines they offer over-priced and over-hyped. Or are they worth it. Does anyone here own one or both? Just curious.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I cannot afford either of them, so it does bring up a question. What does make them so much better that they cost 50% more than other brands of AR-15s.

RR
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Between the two I would say the Knights is a better deal because you actually get the RAS units with them.

Either way you would be paying close to pre-ban prices for a post ban rifle.  I would just get a pre-ban so you can have all the evil goodies the Liberals say you can't have. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Between the two I would say the Knights is a better deal because you actually get the RAS units with them.

View Quote

Agreed - I've seen the SR15-M4 with RAS at around $1300 - overpriced a bit ??  Yes, but it is a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I will never ever buy anything Bill Wilson sells. His company is just too dishonest for my taste.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't you pay close to double for those rifles? Don't they run $1600-1800? I'm sure they use better parts (especially the barrel and trigger) but with the money you save with a lower priced rifle you could buy lots of extras. And you will need extras. Lots of mags and ammo for sure. All the little things add up too like eyes and ears, cleaning kit, case, lula loader (must have) and then a scope. Thats not even tricking the thing out. Look at the over all money picture or you will get dollar shock. But if you have unlimited funds why not?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Wilson AR's in my opinion, are quite over priced for what you get. You dont really get a whole lot extra that is vaulable or even useful on the Wilson aside from the JP Trigger.

On the other hand, the Knights gun comes with many extras. Their flip up rear site, RAS unit, unsurpassed 2 stage trigger and more make it a good buy. If you were to buy a Bushmaster or Colt, and upgrade with the above listed features (which by the way are very valuable and useful) you would wind up spending about the same money.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
i'll tell you when my SR-15 M4 comes in next Tuesday.

i might turn around and sell it though, something else has caught my eye. [heavy]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed - I've seen the SR15-M4 with RAS at around $1300 - overpriced a bit ??  Yes, but it is a nice rifle.
View Quote

Alright, alright I'll admit I've owned both.  Still own the SR-15 M4.  Read "new-arguy's" post as he's got it right.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top