Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:32:49 AM EDT
I have a few RRA lowers coming in and I was thinking of getting a couple of kits from JT to match them up with.

So do any of you guys have any JT kits?

What do you think of them?

What would I all need (tools) to put the lower together?

Thanks Guys
KC
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Industry-->Dealers(?) --> JT Distributing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Also check out the Build it Yourself forum here.  J&T kits come highly regarded. (I am building one on a RRA arms lower as well.)

--Otter
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a J&T upper last year and it has been awesome.  
I will absolutely buy more uppers/kits from them.
I have put thousands of rounds through it (including Wolf - the rifle loves it) and never had any problems.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have put 4 JT kits on 4 RRA lowers.  I am very happy with them.
[bounce]
The fit was tight with the uppers. One took some work to get closed, but they where all nice. They match good on color.  The only thing I didn't like about the JT kits was the finish on the takedown pin and pivot pin. Aside from that little thing the kits are great and the Shaw barrels have done better for me than the Wilson. I think that's why Model 1 is going with Shaw now also.  It will look good!  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no experience with JT. To assemble the lowers you'll need some drift punches, if you have some normal tools thats about it. I got a gov. issue M16 manual from the bushy site for 10 bucks I think. You can download the same thing here for nothing. Oh also, have plenty of CLP to clean everything during the build. And do it in a good sized room on top of a large white sheet (detents and springs are hard to find on carpet).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top