Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:40:47 PM EDT
If this thing goes ahead and sunsets it could end up being the best thing that ever happend for those of us who love freedom and the 2nd amendment.  Think about it.  I know before 94 I had only a moderate intrest in guns, and buying one of those "cool army guns" was something I would have probably put off forever.  The ban forced me to go out and buy one.  It also awakend me politicaly.  How many otheres were driven to our side because of the ban?  Then I thik about how many people I have introduced to military style firearms.  Directly and indirectly the ban strengthend our side.

Now when other non-gun owners see on CNN that they will be able to legally buy a "cool army gun" they too will rush out and get one.  When its all said and done Fienstien and Schumer will have probably tripled our numbers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear you.  Thanks to the ban and the cool military rifle factor I went out and got a AK47 and an AR-15 (bad vs good, east vs west).  I think that this ban has done wonders for people to hurry up and buy these types of guns (before they cant).  Now that people have seen how cool and fun these types of guns are they care more about the ban and weather or not it will disappear.  The ban is bad but it has had some good effects.  Strange how that happens.  Well lets hope it dies.          
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A CALL TO ARMS!

I hear you about the AWB-1994 bill.  It woke me up too!  Sadly, the anti-gunners are gearing up BIG-TIME for the bill to get Renewed AND STRENGTHEN IT!  I can just see it now, My current pre-ban will be a "Pre 1994 ban" and my other rifles will be "Pre 2004 ban" and there may not BE ANY MORE AR's EVER MADE!  I know this is worst case...  But, I put off buying a new rifle and went with a LIFETIME NRA membership instead.  Who knows, that sacrifice of one rifle may help me (& others) to get more in the future.

Any how, I AM NOT endorsing this site in ANY WAY (http://www.vpc.org/) but it is called Violence Policy Center and they are gearing up for open season on gun ownership.  Check them out and KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

JOIN THE NRA or OTHER GUN RIGHTS / 2nd AMENDMENT GROUPS NOW!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It is not uncommon for people to rise to greatness during times of great stress.  Prosperity and peace can lead to the decline of a civilization.

Yes, the AWB got me into firearms in a big way.  If I wasn't supposed to have them, then I wanted them.

If Yankees, Californians, and Liberals didn't want me to have them, then I damn sure wanted to get some.

If women didn't want me to have them...guns, that is, I got even more.  I have given many old milsurp bolt action rifles to boys in my Scout Troop, to nieces and nephews, and even to my brothers.  I have spread firearms ownership.  In fact, for a while, every time Sarah Brady pitched a fit, I gave away another weapon and even e-mailed her to thank her for the inspiration.  I have also given away handguns to nieces and nephews after their 21st birthdays.

Evil is never good, but our reaction to it can and should be good.  The AWB, Clinton, Schumer, Boxer and the rest have sold more firearms than Ted Williams name ever did.

Death to the AWB...Take a kid to the range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...  it could end up being the best thing that ever happend for those of us who love freedom and the 2nd amendment...
View Quote

... I agree, even though "on the books" I would lose $5000
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top