Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:23:32 PM EDT
HOWDY!!!
I want to go out for the first time to zero in my new colt,  and am looking for a good bench rest to buy.  any ideas? pictures if you have them. thanks ahead of time
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you can buy a good one, or a cheap one hehehe...never the twain shall meet.  I've got a Caldwell "The Rock", which uses the Protector style bags.  Now, I've seen guys at my range use 5lb bags of rice as bench rests, and it does the trick.  If, however, you want to get a better quality rest which will last a good long time, take a look at the Sinclairs, Harts, or Witchitas.  

This is the one I think I'm gonna get...almost all of my shooting is done at the range from a bench, so I can justify spending more than I'd like.

[url]http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=RIBBRICO&item=04-2725&type=store[/url]

I know that the rest I currently have is merely adequate; it seems as though I'm never really happy with it.  Now, if money was no object, I'd get a Farley.  A guy at my range who is into Bench Rest shooting has one...$650 worth of SERIOUS rest.  It has a hydraulic handle on it for real-time 360 degree movement for fine tuning your aim after each shot...WAY bad.  

If you think you're gonna be doing a lot of bench shooting in the years to come, get something good.  If not, there's plenty of lower cost rests that will serve their purpose.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top