Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 6:04:27 PM EDT
I got my first AR.  Love it, but while I was cleaning it the other day...I noticed that the rear site is loose.  As I raise it in elevation, it becomes tighter up against the receiver.  IS THIS NORMAL?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about it being at an angle if you were looking down on it from above. If so, it is suposed to be like that. The detent helps heep the sight zeroed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No...not at an angle.

I can actually make the rear site wobble.  Looking straight down at the site, I can rotate the site so that the left side is tight against the receiver, and the right side has a good 3/32" of an inch gap.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it kind of spring loaded? If you turn it clockwise does it spring back to its original position?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got my first AR.  Love it, but while I was cleaning it the other day...I noticed that the rear site is loose.  As I raise it in elevation, it becomes tighter up against the receiver.  IS THIS NORMAL?  Thanks in advance.
View Quote

My rifle is the same way! So Troy you're saying that I don't need to replace anything that this is normal? Well right now my Eagle Arms is missing the rear sight spring pin (I think that's what it's called) the one that goes through the upper receiver below the elevation knob, what would this affect?

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
According to Armalite...it is normal.  Thanks for the responses!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top