Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 1:19:31 PM EDT
After much deliberation I think I'm going to buy the A4 upper.  I am interested in finding the Rock River Arms Tactical Carry handle for a good price.  Anyone know where to find this handle?  

It doesn't have to be this one, just wanted one with the built in A2 rear sites and rail for a scope if ever desired.  

Sableco.com has them for $145, just looking around for cheaper if possible.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll sell you mine...brand spankin new.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You may be able to find one here on the equipment exchange fro less than that.

BUT, I would advise against it, it is neither a carry handle nor is it tactical.  I personally would not mount a scope on it.  It is made specifically for an Aimpoint, but even if you are going to use an Aimpoint there are much better mounting options in my opinion.

If I were you I would get a flat top upper and get an ARMS #40 flip up rear sight, and then when you decide which optic to get, get the proper mount, unless this is just going to be a scoped gun, then forget the rear sight all together.

What configuration of AR are you looking at?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this might be what you are looking for.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=166403[/url]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I am looking at the RRA A4 flattop upper, with possible SS  16" barrel or Chrome Moly, prefer mid-length handguards or possibly car free float, and more than likely standard RRA lower or other forged lower.  Think I'm going to pass on the 2-stage trigger.  This is what I am considering.

I really want iron sites right now, but the A4 gives me many possible options for the future.  That is really the only reason why I'm looking at that one.  Still trying to decide overall.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think this might be what you are looking for.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=166403[/url]
View Quote

Thanks, that is what I was considering.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You may be able to find one here on the equipment exchange fro less than that.

BUT, I would advise against it, it is neither a carry handle nor is it tactical.  I personally would not mount a scope on it.  It is made specifically for an Aimpoint, but even if you are going to use an Aimpoint there are much better mounting options in my opinion.

If I were you I would get a flat top upper and get an ARMS #40 flip up rear sight, and then when you decide which optic to get, get the proper mount, unless this is just going to be a scoped gun, then forget the rear sight all together.

What configuration of AR are you looking at?
View Quote

Thanks for this info.  This might be a good possibility as I don't have any immediate plans for any scope.  

Is the rail on the tactical carry handle not very strong?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone got a pic or link to a pic which shows the difference between that tactical A2 carry handle and the normal A3 removable handle I have on my Bushie?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
The real question, IMO, is not where to get the tactical carry handle. but why get the tactical carry handle. It does nothing very well and creates many obsticles for the addition of optics.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I may agree with you.  I'm hearing that the rails aren't very good but for aimpoint.  Maybe I should just go with the A2 or get regular carry handle for A4 upper
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top