Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2003 10:22:55 AM EDT
www.cobb50.com/index.htm

The machine shop manager/owner does work for the company I am at.  I have kept my mouth quiet while having been allowed to photo different phases of the work.

I hope all works out well for them, another firearm manufacturer on the block.

Best wishes,

Dave S
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty...But what advantage does it have over the Barret?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
WHAT AN EVER LOVING MONSTER!

42 pounds?   Right there with the Armalite AR50 in weight, just too bad that it can't get the AR50 designation as it's already taken by the Armalite AR50.

Looks like in one picture it has the AR50's muzzle brake or a close copy of it.   Funny thing is look how small the stupid muzzle brake looks on that rifle, on an Armalite AR50 the muzzle brake looks huge.

I almost started to laugh when I saw the size of the 50's monster bolt carrier compared to an AR10's bolt carrier.   Heck my AR10's bolt carrier is a solid massive chunk when compared to an AR15's carrier.

I'd love to feel the bolt close on this thing.    When I drop the bolt on my AR10 when chambering a round it has this really solid and heavy "KERCHUNK" sound.    That 42 pound tank of a rifle must make a terribly solid sound at lock up, probably howitzer like.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Barrett M82 isn't the most accurate .50 by "a long shot". [LOL]  It uses a recoiling barrel and bolt system.

Cobb50's Model 50A1 uses the AR's fixed barrel design and Armalite's muzzle brake.

Dave S  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
At a recent gunshow, I saw a 50 cal upper receiver for an AR15 for sale.  I'm not sure what brand or kind it was, but it was mounted onto a DPMS lower.  I held it and that damn thing weighed a crapload.  They also wanted a pretty penny for it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I had been thinking about a .50 BMG and came upon this one the other day....It is bolt action single shot.....a pretty cheap way to get into a .50 I guess....I don't know anything about them.  This one uses AR15 lower also.

http://server50.hypermart.net/50bmg/001.htm

the one in my link uses entire ar15 lower...bolts on just like ar15 upper...therefore no FFL to buy and pretty good price compared to Barrett and others

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
very sweet skyking, but just to remind you that one .50 bullet cost about as much, if not more than a box of M193 ammo.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Not the only 50BMG single shot upper out there,
[url]http://ferret50.com/[/url]

There's one or two other ones out there as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, don't I know it. I'll let people try out any guns I have at the range, but my buddy with a .50 will sell you a round or two if you want to give it a try...hehe...I love .223...it's more fun anyway
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:35:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The Barrett M82 isn't the most accurate .50 by "a long shot". [LOL]  It uses a recoiling barrel and bolt system.

Cobb50's Model 50A1 uses the AR's fixed barrel design and Armalite's muzzle brake.

Dave S  
View Quote

These guys are making the barrels:
[url]http://www.lothar-walther.com/us/index.html[/url]

Dave S
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top