Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 6:56:20 AM EDT
Just purchased my second Colt M4, sold my first to my brother. The brake blew off my first one and he didn't mind it being gone.  His has the rail markings and mine does not.  I think it has to do with who manufactured the upper reciever.  Mine is a Colt and his is from another company (diemarco??)  Also, the lower of his is the marked Colt Mfg., while mine has "Colt Defense" on it-pretty cool.  Looks like Colt has changed its tune.  After my first range session (200 rds) the brake is still holding.  I will let you know if this one blows off too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
"Colt Defense"?

Just out of curiosity, this is a post-ban Colt M4 correct?

Any other markings on the lower receiver? Three letter serial number prefix?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is stamped "Colt Defense" too!  However, mine has the RAS markings, go figure.  My brake has held on to this point but when my other upper returns from Kurt's I'm sending him this one just because I can't stand the look of the thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone got a close up pic of this "Colt Defense" to post?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, here you go: [url]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/marc_winder/lst?.dir=/Colt+6400c[/url]

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, here you go: [url]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/marc_winder/lst?.dir=/Colt+6400c[/url]

View Quote

COOL!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Well isn't this a PC move on Colt's part. Colt's Defense? What happened to Colt's Mfg.?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
"Defense" is more PC than "Manufacturing"...interesting concept.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well isn't this a PC move on Colt's part. Colt's Defense? What happened to Colt's Mfg.?
View Quote

I read this somewhere but can't find the link now...Colt split into two divisions: Defense to handle the Military & LE and Mfg to handle civilians.  

How some of us ended up with "Defense" stamped lowers I don't know I think it's cool so I'm not complaining.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the new stamp. Maybee Colt is slowly turning away from thier PC past.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully.  Maybe we can talk them out of those stupid fire control pin sizes!  Of course then I'd have to buy to new lowers but oh well [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top