Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2003 6:49:19 PM EDT
I know I know, I searched the site and I found out that it was safe to keep USGI mags loaded but I don't have USGI mags. I recently purchased 5 steel "England" mags and would like to know if I can keep them loaded, I wouldn't want my new investments to have the feed lips busting on them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Steel is stronger than aluminum.

I HIGHLY doubt you'd have any troubles.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
First let me say welcome to the site! [beer] Make sure you stop by the Hometown section and say hi.

As long as the British mags are made of the same quality as the USGI mags you should have no problems. I haven't heard if they use the same quality mag springs or not.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]
If your Brittish steel mags are anything like mine, then you are fine leaving them loaded. I only load mine with 28 rounds to make insertion on a closed chamber easier, and to prevent cracked feed lips if dropped.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top