Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2003 11:30:34 AM EDT
I made it to the gunshow today and picked up 2 orlite mags for 30 bucks and a NIB BSA 30mm red dot for 40 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If the red dot is a push button beware.  The button will be pushed resting up against anything, your case, another gun, etc. and eat the batteries.  If it's the twist top, no problem.  

Old Painless has the larger one mounted on his M4.

See the pics: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=186761&w=myTopicPop[/url]

I like the Orlites but have found some, if new, have plastic burrs on the top and have caused me a little jamming in one of my rifles.  A little pocket knife or sand paper deburring did the trick.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Very Nice !!! [:)] [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my mags would not lock in. The ridge across the side of it was too high and would not allow me to push it all the way in. So I filed the bastard down. Works perfectly now. Had no problems with the other mag. I need to find a good deal on an ARMS 39 for the red dot. I'm also thinking about mounting it high to clear the fsb. I want a completely clear field of view
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want that BSA red dot as a paperweight, then you got a deal. If you want a reliable optic, then you are sore outta luck.

I owned a BSA red dot that did not survive a very short (under 200 rounds) life on top of a Ruger MKII.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top