Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2003 9:26:25 AM EDT
Standard Capacity Magazine = What firearms used before the Clinton addministration got invovled in the design of firearms.

High Capacity Magazine = Any aftermarket magazine not designed to to be marketed with the firearm itself.  These magazines will usually stick way out of the pistol grip of your modern pistols.  eg, Glocks 33rd, Berettas' 25 round, 1911 20 rd, etc.  You get the point.

Post Ban Capacity Magazine = Magazine that by design is supposed to hold many more rounds than 10, however do to Clinton Administration is limeted to 10.

Lets use the correct terms here guys... nothing drives me more crazy than to here somebody call my beretta mags hi-caps.  Nothing high about them.  They are what the gun was designed to function with.  Calling a standard 17 round glock magazine a hi-cap just makes us look bad, and makes the magazine sound scarier.

Just my opinion however, what do I know?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, and I hate hearing somebody refer to a magazine as a CLIP.  Drives me crazy!  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I got 5 clips for my sniper rifle and the are hi capacity clips. It only sounds scarier if you're stupid. If You know what the person is talking about & there is not any lack of comunication Who cares? An Anal retentive A hole does.  When your with your friends what do you call the female reproductive organ? The correct term or something to do with a cat?
GG
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
I got 5 clips for my sniper rifle and the are hi capacity clips. It only sounds scarier if you're stupid. If You know what the person is talking about & there is not any lack of comunication Who cares? An Anal retentive A hole does.  When your with your friends what do you call the female reproductive organ? The correct term or something to do with a cat?
GG
View Quote

When I was 14 years old my friends and I had all kinds of names for a woman's (you know).  But, that was 33 years ago and I don't play those games anymore.  When I was 14 years old my friends and I thought we were cool when we called pistol and rifle magazines "Clips".  But then that was 33 years ago and well,... I grew up and use the proper nomanclature now.  :-)
Oh, and GG.... it is "I have 5", NOT -- "I got 5".  That is unless you use the word "I've" which would precede the word "got".  ;-)
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I was watching tv last night.  Some guy said his "clip" held ten "bullets"  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was watching tv last night.  Some guy said his "clip" held ten "bullets"  
View Quote

Was his name Gun Guru?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Ha!  Right in the X-Ring!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lets use the correct terms here guys... nothing drives me more crazy than to [i][u]here[/u][/i] somebody call my beretta mags hi-caps.  Nothing high about them.
View Quote

Nothing high about them??? What about the price??  By the way, since we are using correct terms here, why aren't we using them?  Ya hear me? LOL[;D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
hell all my clips held 10 bullets

then i sold my sks

TXL
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't get my clips or magazines to hold bullets.  I found I have much better luck if I put those bullets in a piece of brass with some powder and a new primer.  Slip right into place then.  But thats just me.  [BD]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:35:38 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL,  You guys crack me up.  Here is something that cracks me up,  I remember an action movie that had a bullet going across the flyer of the movie.  The thing is they printed the brass with bullet seated, firing out of the gun.  I am guilty myself of using the term clip,  or asking for some more 22 shells.  It all depends on the guys your shooting with.  Cannot say I have ever been corrected by any of my shooting buddies,  they don't care.  I agree with you about correct terminology, but nobody wants someone at a shoot correcting you about what you called something.  Nobody likes the vocabulary police when they are trying to have fun.  Now Here at www.ar15.com I personally thing we have a bit higher standard, so using the correct word is being curteous to your fellow users.  

Prosise

p.s.  I was raised in Texas;  I still call a fishing pond a tank,  and no matter what I get to drink at the convienence store I still say im going to go get a coke.  And I never get a coke.  [slap]

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]
This is my rifle, this is my gun. This one's for fightin, this one's for fun.  :-))
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
GG
View Quote

I hear what you're saying, but at the same time people new to firearms use these posts for educational purposes and it would be nice if people would not contribute to the dis-information drive, as the spin doctors put more than enough out there anyway.

Oh yes, I use the one the one that sounds like "Mike Hunt" - only without the "Mi"  at the beginning. I also use it in many other applications. I am proud of the word. In fact, I did an 11 page research paper on the word and my feminist professor loved it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Semantics but the man does have a point.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top