Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2003 8:07:20 PM EDT
I just got an Armalite that has the removable carry handle. There are 6 clicks per division. Does this mean when I loosen the allen screw and turn the sight I turn it 4 clicks instead of 2? Then tighten the screw and make sure it goes 4 clicks past 6/3 before bottoming out? Then go back to 6/3 and zero at 50 yards and I'm set? Then I can set my ML2 to the tip of the front iron sight and fine tune it from there? Thanks for input on this.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You got it!

Zero at 50 yards with 6/3 & large aperature (or 6/3-4 with small aperature for more precision).

Try to fine tune at 200m if possible. You will leave the range with a BIG grin.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so when do I use the sight with it at the 6/3 -4 setting? Does that become the new short range setting? Leave it there for 50-100 yards and move it up to 6/3 when I'm shooting at 200 plus? I'm still somewhat unclear on what to use when.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone using this procedure that can clue me in on when to use which settings now that I'm certain of how to zero it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi... In artical you read at [url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw[/url]

9. If you have to shoot targets you KNOW are 300 meters away or more, just click to the right number on the sight.  
View Quote

"Just do it" Nike J/k
remember to read carefully, click to the apropriate number on the wheel for the designated range. 4=400meters
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok, so when do I use the sight with it at the 6/3 -4 setting? Does that become the new short range setting? Leave it there for 50-100 yards and move it up to 6/3 when I'm shooting at 200 plus? I'm still somewhat unclear on what to use when.
View Quote
You leave it at the 6/3-4 setting all the time, with two exceptions: when you're shooting at something you know to be 300m or farther away, in which case you dial in the right distance; and if you're in a low-light or high-speed situation where you want the bigger aperture, in which case you use the 6/3 setting.  

If you do a lot of 100m shooting you might want to allow for 6/3-6, which will be closer than the 6/3-4 setting.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
When you're using the large aperture, such as low light or CQB, turn the wheel to 6/3 and it will be exactly the same as -4 with the small one, which makes it awsome because everything at less than 300 yards is still within 2" of POA. That makes it one helluva flat shooting rifle.

-4 & small aperture is same as 6/3 & large aperture.

Sorry Mike, you already said that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Trying to set this up on my A3 carbine and im having a bit of trouble. The 6/3 -4 means 4 clicks past 6/3 in the down direction, correct? If so, i cant move the BDC past 6/3. Also, is 6/3 -6 really that much closer?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Most handles (and A2 uppers) bottom out at the 6/3 (or 8/3) position.  Both of mine did.  The Maryland AR-15 site has instructions in one of the zeroing procedures on how to adjust it to bottom out at 6/3-4.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top