Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 12:06:07 PM EDT
Hey guys, Had a blast at the range. I did fairly well but one problem I have is geting a good cheek weld with ear muffs on. They prevented me from getting a good sight thru the iron sights. I think I might just use the ear plugs. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Mil spec ear plugs.  $4.00.  They actually do better for less money.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I just use the plugs.  In hot weather they're much more comfortable as well...

Alex
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I think thats what i'll do then. Now all I need is a scope :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
mustang_52- You would be better off getting used to wearing plugs AND muffs.  That short barrel (brake?) will do a number on your hearing if you don't.  I don't know what scope setup you are looking at, or if the rifle is A2 or A3, but you only need a little additional height for the scope to allow the use of both.  Do what makes you happy! Just my .02 worth.

DILBERT_556
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top