Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 3:45:28 PM EDT
What a hack job...even for them it was shoddy.  No mention AT ALL that the NFA covers all class 3 weapons which are unrelated to the ban...and why didn't they just ask an NRA spokesman what the position of the NRA is?  I'm to steamed to remember everything, but of course it was all laughable.  I'd like to show 'em how fast I can shoot my 91/30, and what THAT would do to those cheap ass cinder blocks lol.  Let's all right that bozo sheriff and tell him he SUCKS.  I wonder what other parts of the Constitution he'd so willingly do away with?  Din'd know it was up to LEs to decide what guns we can and can't own.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What a load of CRAP!!  I agree, I only saw a small portion of the Sheriff and I can tell you one thing, he is really misinformed.

He mis-stated, body armor worn by officers, and I sholud know because I am one, is designed to stop low to medium velocity pistol cal ammo (base upon Threat Level).  A 30 round mag, bayo lug, tele-stock, or flash supressor ain't gonna do didly compared to a single shot scoped Ruger Number 1 chambered in 30.06!!

Yea, he is full of crap and I agree, flood the damn Sheriff's department with letters from us, Law Abiding Citizens, and let him know he does not stand for us.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]That was a toyal LOAD OF FUCKING SHIT.

I AM PISSED.

FUCK YOU CNN.

FUCK YOU SHERIFF SHITHEAD[/b]

WHERE THE HELL IS THE NRA.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
where did they find this asshole.
that was the most misinformed story i have ever seen.
and where do they get off saying that all cops support the ban, ive been a cop for the last 10 years, and dont know of a single one that supports the ban.
it is a completly usless piece of legislation.
and as far as the sheriff goes, why doesnt he try shooting one of his deputies sidearms at those cheesy cinder blocks.
also what in the hell does a fully automatic ak47 have to do with the assault weapons ban, that was just a scare tactic.
now the public in general is going to think if the ban sunsets that everyone will be carrying machine guns.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, just fired this off to CNN...not my best work, but I was in a hurry.

Your location piece at the shooting range in Broward Fla was embarrasing, laughable, and so utterly bereft of facts that I'm left wondering if it was done by 8th graders.  Now, I'm quite sure that your intent was to inflame the "soccer moms" that don't know very much about firearms into a blind panic.  Whether it worked on that level is debatable; where it failed miserably and utterly is at any pretense of fairness or impartiality.  

First of all, it was never made clear to the viewer that the Class 3 (select fire) AK-47 is covered by the very stringent federal regulations contained in the National Firearms Act, which has been on the books since the 1930s.  

A counterpoint to the views held by the Broward Co. Sherrif--a gentleman so inarticulate and remotely untinterested in the Consitution of the United States that I can only surmise his ascendence to office must be the result of either nepotism or voter fraud--was never offered.  Would it have been so difficult to cut back to the studio for someone FROM the NRA to provide that organizations views?  Come on, CNN has a multi-million dollar annual budget...one more local shot is not going to break the bank.  

I particularly enjoyed the demonstration with the cinderblocks.  Now, I don't know where you got those things, but I'm sure glad MY house isn't made from them...they look like they'd break from the impact of a well thrown Coke bottle.  

I shudder to think how those blocks would have fared against another firearm, such as a World War II vintage 8mm Mauser.  Oh wait, we'll never know, because you chose not to compare the power of the AK-47's round to ANY other firearm.  In short, while it may once again look sensational, the fact remains that pretty much ANY rifle round will destroy a cinder block from point blank range.  

Why didn't you show another local interview, from a range where perhaps a highpower rifle match was ongoing, where people--including whole families--shoot targets with weapons currently under the jursidiciton of the Assault weapons ban?  I suppose any attempt to un-demonize rifles like the AR-15, and to show the legitimate uses that people have for such weapons, is a litte too inconvenient for you.  

Finally, NO mention at all was made concerning the actual crime statistics involving "assault" weapons.  Ask the FBI, they'll tell you...the percentage is VERY low.  Most criminals still prefer the easily concealed hand gun.  

Well, thanks for listening.  I wonder if they're will EVER be a day when someone does a factual and unbiased report on guns and the viability of gun contol.  I know for sure I didn't see it tonight on CNN.  Thanks for your time.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Fenian - Very nice piece of writing. To the point and as factual as possible. I'm impressed. Let us know if CNN bothers to respond.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The same CNN that is America's Most Trusted News Source?  the CNN that covered up and lied about Iqaqi atrocities?  And you expected fair and objective coverage?  

Maybe writing to some of the local companies that sponsored the show with a well wored commentary that as long as they continue to sponsor blatantly false news on CNN you feel that they neither can be trusted and you will take your business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Solid piece Fenian.

this sheriff segment reminds me of a Living Color segment about blacks and the news. Their humourous contention: Why is it that every time they [the media] interview people at a crime scene, the black policeman is overlooked, the respectable black neighbor is overlooked, and the black forensics expert is overlooked? Why is it that every time they run to the most ignorant and embarassing black guy on the scene who ends up taking the microphone and rapping?

Maybe the media has a formula.

You know, if it wasn't for AR15.com and the shooting range I would probably hate cops based on my news exposure. The media does this all the time with law enforcement, and it is disturbing how their repeated sensationalism translates into fact for the casual/uninvolved viewer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
From CNN...the usual canned response:

"Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments on the "Top Stories" of the day on CNN.com! It is very important for us to know what our viewers are feeling and we value your response. This is how we are able to consider changes that will appeal to you, our valued viewer.

Due to the volume of emails we receive, we do not personally reply to emails sent through this section. However, we pride ourselves in making the opinions of our viewers known to CNN senior management and producers. Your comments will be part of the Viewer Response Report provided to our news division on the next business day.

Thanks again for your feedback!

CNN

http://www.cnn.com"

We'll see if I hear anything else. At least I got the chance to raise a little literary hell lol.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The same CNN that is America's Most Trusted News Source?  the CNN that covered up and lied about Iqaqi atrocities?  And you expected fair and objective coverage?  

Maybe writing to some of the local companies that sponsored the show with a well wored commentary that as long as they continue to sponsor blatantly false news on CNN you feel that they neither can be trusted and you will take your business elsewhere.
View Quote

That is a great idea. This is what liberals have done for decades to get their way. That and file nuisance lawsuits. Time for us to take a few pages from their playbook. That'll really drive 'em crazy.

As for the CNN coverage on this story, they have been playing to the soccer mommies for the past week and a half--see my sig line.. Interestingly, for about the same time period they have been bashing the military, the war in Iraq, war against terrorism, etc. Obviously they have determined to push a blatantly liberal agenda. Even more so than I have seen in the past. We need to keep an eye on them. They seek to dismantle whatever meager gains conservatives have made in the past few years.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]
duh
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
... Damned funny thing, there's no way in Hell John-Q-Public would have swallowed this shit a month ago whilst viewing imbedded reporters' footage of our armed forces kicking ass in Iraq.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm hoping that FoxNews will do something to help counter this.  I've seen them do similar things before in the past and plan to watch the channel through the day tomorrow and see if they schedule anything.  Unlike CNN, they'll let both sides speak and not hide facts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Send Sheriff Jenne a quaint little note y'all

[url]www.sheriff.org[/url]

Look on the left hand column and click on the 'Contact BSO' button
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#14]
My letter to Sherrif Jackass:

Sir:

I found your misrepresentations and lies on CNN to be utterly reprehensible.  The Chief LEO of Broward County should know much better than to foist such nonsense on the public.  Fully automatic weapons are covered under the NFA from the 1930s, not the current Assault Weapons Ban.  Your use of a full auto weapon was nothing more than an attempt to inflame misinformed people.  I urge you to call a news conference and set the record straight.  I am sure that FOX News would be happy to air your apology.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top