Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 1:43:53 PM EDT
Im looking at J and T and model 1 varmiters does any one have any experiance with these or opinions? Thanks

==========================
CA less guns more crime.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
imkrazed,
It ain't no varminter (except maybe the 2 legged variety) but...
[img]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/13511_5_5_3a03.jpg[/img]
I bought this Model 1 11.5" 7.62x39 upper (plus a Model 1 7.62 bolt) and it ran perfectly right out of the box.  Went through 460 rounds the first time out.  I've had Colts that have needed tweeking to get to run as good as this Model 1.  Plus it was 1/2 the price of a Colt.  -TriggerFish
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Not personaly familiar with the Model 1 but can't say enough about the quality of J&T products.  My J&T kit rifle is actually the best AR I have. I have met the team and they take great pride in only doing the best.

I have not seen a negative review on J&T while the guys tend to run hot and cold on Model 1.  Some say they love it while others complain.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 Bushmasters and 2 Rock River Arms rifles and just received complete rifle kit ( 16" A2 C.A.R. everything less lower receiver frame) from Model 1 to finish out a third Rock River lower that I had lying around.
 It's not the best quality but worth the $400 I paid.
 My only concern is the bolt feels like its riding on sand, really gritty feeling when you pull the charging handle back. I was hoping that goes away after break in
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top