Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2003 5:17:25 AM EDT
Tonight at 7 PM CNN's Paula Zahn will fire the first of many liberal salvos designed to stir up the sheeple and get them to press for a continuation of the assualt weapons ban.

Yesterday I heard Congressman Blunt (R-Mo.) and the House Republican majority whip, "soft pedal" the end of the assualt weapons ban.  Instead of arguing that it was bad legislation, he simply said "the votes weren't there YET" and that the Democrats were using the issue to deflect attention from the President's tax cut proposals.  Asked if Bush would openly support continuing the ban, Blunt responded "by now the American people should know that President Bush is a man who means what he says".

This my friends, should make one thing very clear:  the end of the AWB is far from a sure thing.  Liberal democrats WILL make an issue of it.  The liberal media will jump to their defense.  Republicans will be placed on the defensive.  Conservative democrats may once again be cowered into joining their liberal brethren.

It is important that we write, fax and e-mail our representatives often and passionately.  Tell them you will vote against them (or anyone) who votes for extending the AWB.

We must keep the pressure on. Don't assume an easy victory.  Fight, fight, fight.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Exactly, all of this publicity this early works against us - it mobilizes the gun grabbers, and creates complicity among gun owners. We need to keep the pressure on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Im gonna get an ulcer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Im gonna get an ulcer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully it's so early the antis will blow their wad long before it comes up. That being said, I have a pre-ban EA on order from Specialized Armament Wharehouse [url]http://www.sawlesales.com/[/url]. It's on the specials page. And I'm keeping my pre-ban Bushy as well. I'd gladly loose the extra I paid to get the ban dropped. I'll just by more rifles if the ban goes away and get a shitload of hi-caps!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully it's so early the antis will blow their wad long before it comes up
View Quote

That makes a very funny picture in my head.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Politicians are all cowards, so who cares what they "say" so long as the ban dies a death on the House floor.  And by the way, there's no such thing as a "conservative Democrat," at least not on the federal side.  All the schmucks in Louisiana who voted for Mary Landrieu because she said she was "conservative" should see her vote like a Communist in sub and full committee votes. (Yes, I know all about Washington.)  She knows nobody pays attention to committee votes.  Then she sticks her finger in the air and votes on the floor how ever it will manage her image.  All the real damage done in the Senate is done at the committee level and the "conservative Democrats" know it and vote like Ted Kennedy all the way to the Senate floor.

Zell Miller may be the only thing close to a conservative in the Democratic Party.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top