Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 6:31:30 PM EDT
This past year, I bought a Colt M-4 (MT6400C) with the fixed telestock and the compensator which is pinned on the end of the barrel.

After the AWB sunsets, I would like to replace the fixed telestock with a collapsible one, and remove the compensator and replace it with an "evil" flash suppressor.

I know it will be easy to replace the fixed telestock with a real collapsible stock.  And, I know that I could handle such a task.    

But, is it possible to remove the compensator and replace it with the "evil" flash suppressor?

Is that possible?  Will I have to take it to a gunsmith to do this or can I do it myself?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
[:K]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey markm,

WTF?  Why am I trolling?

This is my first AR.  I just want to know if I will be able to do these modifications or if I will have to replace the barrel, upper, or will I have to buy a whole new rifle.

The recent developments have made me pretty confident that the AWB will sunset.  I'm just trying to plan ahead.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just kidding, dude!

But Knowing COLT, That brake is on there GOOD!
you'll have to definitely have a smith work on it!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
How good are Colts anyway? Ive never owned one but Ive been thinking mabey I need a gun fromvthe original manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
It might just be easier to change the whole barrel.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How good are Colts anyway? Ive never owned one but Ive been thinking mabey I need a gun fromvthe original manufacturer.
View Quote

I would suggest you get a Armalite AR since they are the original manufacturer.

The Azalin
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top