Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2003 5:49:37 PM EDT
What was your experience like? Are they fast shippers?

I'm thinking about getting the RRA Entry Tactical upper below. They seem to have the best price. I can get it for $120 less without the Tactical sight handle. Should I save the $120.00 and get something else? If so what?

Opinions please...

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve at ADCO is a great guy to deal with.

Good prices, dirt cheap shipping, fast service.

I'm not crazy about the sight handle you describe....
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My order of some RRA lower kits from ADCO went perfectly; Steve seems like a great guy to deal with.

As far as the Tactical carry handle, it's virtually useless unless you will be mounting an aimpoint with the factory 2 piece ring.  Even then, the aimpoint sits too high; I could barely see my front sight post on my carbine.  The rail is too high for almost any other optic, and I don't know of any other aimpoint mounts that put the sight low enough to see a little of the front post.  YMMV.  You'd be better off spending money on a backup sight like the ARMs #40 or the DPMS fixed rear sight, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You'd be better off spending money on a backup sight like the ARMs #40 or the DPMS fixed rear sight, IMHO.
View Quote

OK does the ARMs #40 mount directly to the upper reciever or do I need something else??
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
mounts directly to upper receiver
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I would not hestitate one bit to do business with Steve.  Great guy.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Steve @ Adco was a great guy to deal with.  I ordered my RRA M4 upper sans tac handle and side sling swivel and got a great price.  He's got a nice little M4 upper calculator on his website where you can configure the upper the way you want and the website spits out a price.

When I placed my order, the upper and lower parts kit were on backorder, but I knew that up front and Steve kept me updated via email.  He also responded to my emailed questions promptly.  All in all, very good transaction.  This is my first AR, and I will be going back to Adco for the rest of the stuff I'll need to complete my build.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered my m4 from Steve.  He held it for me until he got my ffl.  It was shipped out within an hour or two of receiving the ffl.  It was in my hand less than 48 hours later.
Great guy, answers questions fast and ships even faster.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top