Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2003 3:22:03 PM EDT
Well I was planning to build my AR but when I went to visit a friend today about his advice he made a couple calls and found me a used Like new Bushmaster A2 with an m4 barrel. I got the gun for less than the kit costs from Bushmaster. Now it don't have the C.A.R. stock and I am glad. It has an A2 stock with the storage compartment. It has the mini Y comp brake. Way too loud but I guess I am stuck with it. One question I have. The website shows the gun having a 1/9 twist. My barrel is marked B MP 5.56 NATO 1/7. Does that meen it has a 1/7 twist? I would assume it does but being new to AR's I don't know.

If this is 1/7 twist will I be most likley to want to shoot the 62 grain loads?
First think I have to change is the grip. That little potrusion to seperate your fingers sux.
Well off to the range tomorrow. My buddy fired 10 rounds through it to check it out then it started to pour down rain so I have not even shot it yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! I've been looking at a Bushy that's 16" with no comp to go with my 20"er.  I believe with a 1/7 twist you should be ok with 62gr bullets. Also you should have no problem with bullet weights up to 80gr.  I'm pretty sure I'm right but I can always be corrected.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sparky,

Congrats!  I'd love to find a Bushmaster 1/7 M4 postban barrel.

You can still shoot 55gr ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sparky, like M4arc said, you can shoot 55gr bullets, but the 1/7 twist is made to throw heavy grain rounds like a 62gr and up.  Sounds like you got yourself a great gun.  Enjoy, and welcome to 'black rifle fever'.

[beer]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top