Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/11/2003 12:37:39 PM EDT
While shooting I frequently become aware that I do not have the "high, firm grip" on my pistol grip.  Is it the pistol grip and if so, what are some good replacement grips?

TIA,

TS
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several nice aftermarket grips out there, but I highly recommend Hogue's pistol grip for AR-15s.  The standard A2 grip is a piece of junk.  The Hogue grip feels nice and soft in your hands and gives you great control.

[url]http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?pid=156&lastcatid=16&step=4[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had the same problem you describe. I like to grip the pistol grip as high as possible, and the standard A2 grip isn't as friendly as I'd like.
I went with a G27 Fobus grip. I'm VERY happy with its ergonomics. Notice how it has a "beavertail" type extension? That allows me to grip very high and solid.
[img]http://personalpages.tds.net/~eflanagin/evilriflebest.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Only the G27 and Ergo grip addres your concerns... I bought them both for that reason and went with the G27 as the Ergo is too thin.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have four Ergo's .... mounted on three rigs.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks gentlemen, I now know what my next purchase will be.  [beer]

TS
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
yup, i like the Ergo, haven't tried the Fobus yet.

if anybody wants a Hogue, Lone Star "stowaway" or some A2s... i've got some available!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe a little late to this thread, but I like the Fobus G27 as well. Have 'em on two of my ARs, and will probably be putting it on a third soon. I also have the Hogue and like the finger-grooves and texture, but the overall shape is still very similar to the A2.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll throw in another vote for the G27. It is just enough wider(by wider I mean front to back distance not side to side girth) to be better than the stock A2 grip. I have long fingers and it does put my finger in a better position as compared to the stock grip. I could still use another .5" or so of width. The SPR grip that I have on one of my rifles is by far the best grip I have ever used on an AR. It is perfect for bench paper punching. It doesn't allow for left hand shooting because of the raised thumb shelf on it. It sure does fill your hand nicely because of the palm swell and it puts my trigger finger in the perfect location. I agree that the Hogue feels better than the stock grip but it is about the same overall size. Too small for my likes.

Shabo
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I've also tried the Fobus, the Ergo, and the Duckbill, but I like the Hogue best.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#10]
BATTLEGRIP.

WWW.TANGODOWNLLC.COM
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top