Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 9:39:01 AM EDT
How do you put a rail mount on the double heat shield M4 handguards?

It escapes me.  I'm sure its pretty easy - but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it would help if you mentioned which style mount you want to mount on the handguards.

You can remove the inner liner if you want to access the the outer one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a set of M4 handguards that had the liners glued in place.  The Advanced Armament rail that I wanted to put on it had two small flat threaded tabs that I slipped down between the two shields and worked into place with a small screwdriver.  I made it work without taking the liner apart.  

The last set I did that with did not have the liners glued in place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed the same Advanced Armament rail to mount my vertical handgrip on my RRA M4.  I drilled out 2 holes exactly where those tabs go so I could properly secure them.  Worked great, and I don't notice any difference in heat dissipation.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I installed the same Advanced Armament rail to mount my vertical handgrip on my RRA M4.  I drilled out 2 holes exactly where those tabs go so I could properly secure them.  Worked great, and I don't notice any difference in heat dissipation.
View Quote

That's what I was planning on doing since the heat shields are glued together.  I just wanted to check on what others have done.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed an Advanced Armament rail on my M-4 also. I thought about drilling the inner shield but wasn't certain because of the thickness if there would be enough clearance between the end of the allen bolt and barrel. I just ended up removing the inner shield. You really don't need it (double shield) anyhow unless you have full-auto.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#6]
....or unless you bump fire the hell out of it. [:D]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top