Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 3:57:34 AM EDT
Approximately 15 years ago someone did a torture test on an AR that was reported in the gun magazine "Shooting Times" I think. The gist (from memory) was that the rifle was fired as rapidly as possible for thousands of rounds in an effort to destroy it and the results were amazing in that it withstood the abuse and kept on ticking. Does anyone know anything about this article?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I still have the complete magazine.  It was a Colt going through 10,000 rounds pronto.

Dave S

Wasn't too long ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Was that the article where they ended up cutting/blasting down a tree or stump, or is that another torture test article?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.galleryofguns.com/ShootingTimes/Articles/DisplayArticles.asp?ID=1205[/url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
lol,,that was interesting reading. but..i would have been more impressed if they didnt clean it..but fired 10,000 rounds without touching the gun inside..hhmmm.wonder what results wouldve been..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:50:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I really appreciate it you guys. Ask and ye shall recieve!

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#6]
good read
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top