Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 12:00:32 AM EDT
Does anybody know of a good quality bipod that is lightweight? How do you connect a bipod to a stock Colt 20" rifle? Do you have to change the handguards to get one with a place to screw in the bipod? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Harris calls theirs "super light" or "ultra light weight" but I don't know how they compare to the Versa-Pod for weight.

Harris bipods attach to a QR sling stud.  If you have regular A2 handguards you can get an adapter that fits through the hole in the HGs and provides the stud.  It's basically a threaded stud with two special washers to fit the shape of the HGs.  Just installed one on mine, but haven't been to the range yet.  Paid $10.99+tax at the local gun shop.  I'm sure places like Bronells have them too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you checked out the ARMS bipod?  It's very compact and minimal bulk as opposed to the others.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top