Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 6:35:40 AM EDT
Does anyone have a picture of a HBAR turned down to a lightweight profile that retains the HBAR profile for the standard front sight area?

Just curious as to how bad this would look; or if I should just go with a LW barrel-specific front sight.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
They are just turned down to the sight/gas block on both sides.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The LW carbine barrels on some Wilson Combat ARs are turned down the way you describe. There are better pics in their catalog. Just doesn't look right to me.

[url]http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/shops/coverphotofade.jpeg[/url]

KKF turns down the area between the front sight base legs for a true LW look. Kurt posted pics awhile back in the Industry Forum of his work, but the topic has scrolled off. Looked *very* nice!

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to take some better pictures of all my AR's, I'm not sure if you can see the detail, but these 2 were turned LW by Kurt at KKF with the area under the FSB left the stock diameter... the diameter change is very smoothly done...

[url]www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=183340[/url]

[img]img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/122167/BCQLRVWSAKNVVYJDKUJS-KKF02.jpg[/img]

edited for image...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top