Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2003 5:18:24 PM EDT
need pros and cons on bushmaster m4... i have heard good and bad , groupings at 100 yds.one guy says thier good to 200 yds, one guy says cain't keep them any better than 3 in.at 100 yds,also heard they were very loud.need good advice to make right decision. thanks in advance.
IronRanger
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking for accuracy you need to put good optics on it.  Yes,  you can get good with iron with the right ammunition,  and a very good bench.  And yes their loud,  just like all of the other AR's. Your shooting the same round.  From what I hear,  if you go with a compensator you will get more noise directed backward.   But as for the M4 you will not be unhappy,  I do not own one yet [naughty] , the whole thing to remember is get what you want,  and the style you want.  Their all good rifles,  just configured differently.  Besides,  once you get one you can always get a different upper rather inexpensively.

Prosise
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The noise level sort of depends on wether or not you put a muzzle brake on it, and if so, which kind. But if you wear proper hearing protection (you [b]DO[/b], don't you?), the noise isn't that big a deal. As far as accuracy...well, a lot of what you'll read is subjective, but I've owned 2 different carbines that would group less than an inch at 100yds (scoped, of course). If you're only going to have one AR, an M4-gery is not a bad way to go. But, if you want to get the most versatility out of it, make sure you get a flattop.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I second what Zardoz has to say.  [:)]

I own a Bushmaster M4A3, and I love it!  I've put Hogue grips on it (today) and M33 handguards for a vertical foregrip and/or a light, and the flat-top will house my ML2 (once I get the #22M68 mount and spacer!).  It was my first AR, and I would have been fine with just that one, had it not been for the fact that once you own one AR, they are like rabbits: they breed more of them!  I had to get a 20" flat-top kit (had to build it myself, too!), and now, I'm likely getting yet ANOTHER M4.  Why?  I don't really know, but the voice in my head says I should build another one.

The voice?  Oh yeah, it's the voice of the Mighty AR, God of Guns.  You'll meet him soon enough.

-------------------------

It's really late.  Perhaps I need some sleep...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is that.  Just picked up a new 16" A2 on sunday, dreams a a bushy varmiter are already running through my head.  Funny how that works.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top