Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 9:03:16 PM EDT
Looking to make a few purchases but no longer have credit card.  Is PayPal basically just an electronic checking sort of deal.  Is there a fee.  Is signing up just a registration process, or is it signing up for "something"?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty much all you need is a checking account, watch out though, paypal is a antigun site. They don't like people using there system to buy guns or parts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
10-4
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
PayPal is antigun?  I didn't know that.  I have bought gun parts and a couple of ARs from other members using PayPal, so PayPal can kiss my pro-gun ass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Paypal is owned by eBay, and they allow gun PARTS and KITS to be sold there.  I can't see how they'd be anti-gun when they're making a buck either way.  I know they stopped auctioning guns because of the rabid liberals, but not transferring money?  That is so un-bank-like of them, if it is in fact true.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Paypal charges 3% each transaction if the other guy uses a charge card if you sell something.

Plus it takes three or more days for the money to clear out of your Paypal account and be in your bank.

I don't use it unless I have to.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:58:45 AM EDT
[#6]
True that it takes up to three days to transfer to your account, but it sure beats waiting up to 10 days transit time for the mail, and then wait additional time for the check to clear.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell, I sent the deposit on my M-16 via PAYPAL....  Oh, how I would love eBay to know they helped me buy a machinegun!

I have used PayPal since it first came out and AR15.com used it as a fund raiser for this website (~1998?) and I have never had a problem.

If you don't use a Credit Card, it works just like an ATM Card...  PayPal removes the money from your bank account and sends it to your seller.  The debit shows up on your bank statement!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Before getting involved with Paypal you should
check out [url=]www.paypalwarning.com[/url]

The info is a little dated(I think they may have been sued by eBay) but very scary.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:19:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I won't use paypal, because it is antigun. I use a credit card for most of my online purchases, however many places are now asking for the security digits on the back of the card and I refuse to give those out online. A good alternative I have just discovered seems to be the good ole USPS. I haven't used it as of yet, but it appears as though you can send anyone with an email address funds through them. Does anyone have any experience with this?

[url]http://www.usps.com/paymentservices/pspaymnt.htm[/url]

Thanks.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been using [url]www.bidpay.com[/url] for smaller purchases.  It's a division of Western Union.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top