Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 7:33:15 PM EDT
I dont see too many people talking about Fulton Armory. The few things that i have heard is that they are excelent. Are they as Good as Bushmaster or RRA? Why dont more people talk about  them?
Thanks
Aaron
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any first hand experience with them but I want one of their Hornet uppers in bad way [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Clints stuff has been known to be a little on the pricey side. I've never bought a complete rifle from him. That said, I've bought many parts, some that I just couldn't find elsewhere.
Great selection of special tools also. Quality and customer service always top-notch & fast delivery. I've got an order on the way right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
i've only gotten small parts and a stock wrench.  but they were fast and the stuff was grade a quality.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered parts from them, fast & courteous service, good products

a little expensive
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#5]
 90 percent of the time I only use the three following businesses:  Brownell's, Dillon Precision and Fulton Armory.  These are the only three that CONSISTENTLY have the excellent combination of coutesy, speed and accuracy that is utterly worth the price you pay for their products.

I have ordered stuff from Clint McKee for years and swear by Fulton Armory.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:04:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any first hand experience with them but I want one of their Hornet uppers in bad way
View Quote

Me too!!! Just bought a Fulton stripped lower and it's quality appears on par with the best of them. I thinks it's real "classy" the way Clint has had the receivers rollmarked.

Rick

[img]http://home.mchsi.com/~cz75fan/fulton_a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Fulton's rifles are too pricey for the casual shooter and not pricey enough for the high power shooters.  I have a Fulton Predator precision upper that is scarey accurate with a Krieger barrel, has a nicely fitted bolt (smooOOOth action) and indexed upper rail.  Wasn't cheap but wasn't overpriced for what I got.  Clint was excellent to work with, too.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think Fulton's rifles are too pricey for the casual shooter and not pricey enough for the high power shooters.  I have a Fulton Predator precision upper that is scarey accurate with a Krieger barrel, has a nicely fitted bolt (smooOOOth action) and indexed upper rail.  Wasn't cheap but wasn't overpriced for what I got.  Clint was excellent to work with, too.

View Quote

I just picked up my Fulton Liberator II Carbine last week. I was the first in my group of friends to go with Fulton, and all were VERY impressed with the outcome.  As far as the price, it depends on what you want. Fulton offers different options with different rifles. I priced the features to build the carbine I wanted through Fulton and Bushmaster. In my case Bushmaster would have been more expensive by 300 bucks. I had a few rough customer service episodes with Bushmaster which was very telling. The folks at Fulton were all very professional and work VERY hard to give you what you want. I exchanged many e-mails with Walt, and he never answered my questions with a simple "yes or no" He always educated me rather than just trying to get a pesky customer off his back. I called to ask a few questions and when the customer service person couldn't answer she transferred me to Clint. We spoke for an hour. He then said when you want to order, call back and ask for me. As it happened, a few weeks later I did that, but it was 5 o'clock and they close at 5:30. I asked if he wanted me to call back and he waved that off and took my order, also educating me with ever question. He spent an hour and a half on my order and sharing his knowledge. 4 days later I had my carbine. The best customer service around, not just AR wise, but in general.  I think if you look at there "Peerless" grade rifles you can say "Wow, that's pricey". (Example: the Fulton Peerless M1 Garand in 2K) However, in this case, you truly get what you pay for. As far as basic rifles, they are as competitive as Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Fulton Armoury Classic II A2, 20" bbl.  LOVE IT!!!

Beautiful rifle, 100%, just lots of fun all around.
I haven't gotten it on the bench yet, but it seems to be pretty darn accurate overall.

Fulton's service is excellent, I really can't say enough about them.
I plan to get some parts from them, maybe an upper.  The LW1/12" Hornet upper seems really nice.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Seen them at camp perry.  They've always had top quality stuff, but you pay for it.  They been in the business along time.  They used to do M1 and M1A stuff before AR's really caught on.  I know they've been into comp guns for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The lack of aggravation and personal treatment is certainly worth something to some people; I know I can email Clint or Walt and get an answer within hours (usually) and they WILL take the time to help me.
I hear Bushmaster is generally good as well, but too large to be too personal.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The lack of aggravation and personal treatment is certainly worth something to some people; I know I can email Clint or Walt and get an answer within hours (usually) and they WILL take the time to help me.
I hear Bushmaster is generally good as well, but too large to be too personal.

Larry
View Quote

this is true, a few years ago when I had an M1A he was very helpful & replied to my e-mail inquiries in a timely fashion
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The Hornet rifles are a good deal.  You can get the upper for about $435, and it comes with the lightweight profile made post-ban legal.  Fulton fit and finish is rock solid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#14]
It sounds pretty unanimous from people who have actually dealt with them, pretty good outcome.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I Agree.  What makes the hornet better than the A2?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top