Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 5:12:43 PM EDT
Hey Folks

I have several AR's that I have always kept in their original configurations but recently I decided to "trick one out".

Keep in mind this is all on a pre-ban lower. Below is everything I have done to it.:

A3 flat top upper
16 inch 5.56 HBAR with birdcage FH
6 position Collapsable stock
Round Handguards
Carry Handle
Accuwedge
Single Stage 5.5 lb trigger
Harris Bipod
Eagle arms forward pistol grip
Giles Tac Sling
Aimpoint comp m2l with carryhandle mount

I've taken it to the range with my SS10x42 scope on it to check accuracy at 100 yrds and it was superb. Less than 1moa

Now here is my question. I want to finish the rifle out with one of the 5.5 inch reverse flash hiders. You know...the ones that slips over the barrel and makes it look like a short barrel with a really cool flash hider. Anyway....I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how it affects accuracy.

Thanks guys

P.S. I also want to mount a laser and maybe a flashlight. Any suggestions that wont break my wallet. ie <200 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Light is VERY usefull - laser is a useless piece of junk.

Decent light for $100 or less is the TACM III.  I've got one my carbine and I like it.  About half the weight of the equivalant Sure-Fire.  Light output is better than the 6v Surefire lights, but its not as even.

The Surefire is the better light, but it costs way more.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now here is my question. I want to finish the rifle out with one of the 5.5 inch reverse flash hiders. You know...the ones that slips over the barrel and makes it look like a short barrel with a really cool flash hider. Anyway....I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how it affects accuracy.  
View Quote

I have both the [url=bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/mmt-0019.asp]Bushmaster[/url] and the [url=tp-commerce.techpro.com/pantherarms/shopexd.asp?id=610]DPMS[/url] units. They have a large muzzle opening, so they don't affect the rounds at all. Any "accuracy" issues would be related to the weight they add to the end of the barrel. They both are the same length and weight, and they have the same slip-over length. The DPMS is a one size fits all, with long flashports. The BM comes in regular diameter or HBAR, and has A2 length flashports. The BM also has a turn down at the back that the DPMS does not.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top