Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 9:15:33 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a lower to build up, My local dealer has Century Arms lowers in stock for $100.00. Is this a quality lower.
Thanx
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have no expierience w/ those.  I stick with Bushmaster or Olympic arms.  A friend of mine baught some no name brand, and could not get the mags in the well.  For ARs stick to the ABCDs.
Armalite(Eagle arms)
BushMaster
Colt
DPMS
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Century makes lowers for some of the companies listed above.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought Century was the producer of the RRA lowers?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get Eagle Arms (ArmaLite) forged lowers for the same price. A-B-C-D (well, throw in RRA).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Most likely that Century receiver is from a manufacturer overrun that was being offered a few months ago. Centurys are made by Continental Machine which also allegedly makes RRA and some other name brands. I have two and they are indistingushable from other lowers I have.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the Century, good quality, and you have been offered a good price.  No need to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have three Century lowers, my shooting buddy has three century lowers, and my dealer orderd a dozen Century lowers. They look fine to me. All mine have been assembled into complete rifles that run fine. I don't know all the inside details on the manufacture of lowers, but I would bet these lowers are the exact same forged lowers as others with different names on the side. When I ordered mine, they were $79/each but my dealer screwed me by charging me $25 per lower for the transfer. Needless to say, I won't be ordering anymore lowers from him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
If you look at the Serial No, you will probably notice it starts will CM.  Quite a few lowers from other manufacturs also have this.  They are machined at a place in New England and stand for Continental Machine.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a new lower out of SGN and its marked CMT.
SN  cmt xxxx.
Company is in New Haven, Ct.
Suppose to make them for Colt.
Mine looks and works great.
$99.00 + 7.00 s&h to my FFL who charged me $10,00 to handle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top