Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 6:44:18 PM EDT
Is storing a rifle in a Pelican case good or bad?  I've been told that storing in foam cases can lead to corrosion.  But since Pelican's are airtight, I'm unsure what to believe.  I know that Knight's sends some of their rifles out with a custom Pelican case...What's the story?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it feels comforting to store our prized firearms in a protective, padded case, but I think it's a false sense of security. While air doesn't have to be whipping around the firearm there should at least be air space.

Some vehicle storage systems use a large plastic bubble held open by a small fan. The fan's more important function is to encourage air circulation.

When I was just building my weapon collection, long before my safe and my kids, I used to store my rifles in a closet hung by their front sling swivels on the clothes rod, but always out of their cases, and I'm in the Northeast. It's even more vital in chronically humid areas.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top