Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 3:38:27 PM EDT
How do you cure the problem?  I've noticed it on all my Bushies but the upper I received today pivots more freely than the other 5.  The RRA Pete built for me is tight with no movement what so ever.  The upper is an A2 with a M4AK bbl.  It matches the Eagle Arms lower I built up perfectly in color and there is absolutely no play between the upper and lower.  Suggestions on how to tighten it would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If this is what you are talking about, its 100% normal.

[url=http://www.armalite.com/library/techNotes/tnote18.htm] Armalite speaks about rear sight wobble[/url]

If not, I'm not sure what it is you mean.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 new BM M4 uppers with the same problem.

My 3 COlt uppers do not have this problem.  It causes the rear arpture to have to be moved over to the right, making it off center.  They say it may be normal, but it really sux fat___....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang, Troy you beat me by like 23 seconds!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
This is not a scientific sample, but every Colt upper I've checked over the past few years has had a clearance at the front that varied between .001 and .003.  By contrast, every aftermarket brand I've measured, went between .004 (Bushie) and .009 (Olympic).

What I do is measure the gap by sliding a flat feeler guage in, then cut a filler out of a feeler .002 thinner.  I put a dab of instant glue on one side, and slide it in from the right side.  My aftermarket uppers now have the same clearance as my Colt.[:D]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
My Colt's carry handle rear sight is rock solid.
My Bushy's has some minimal play.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys.  Guess I'm bein' a little picky huh.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
You're not being picky at all.  For the money Bushamster charges it ought to be tight as a drum.

(not meaning this as an anti-Bushmaster rant)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Match rifles typically the gunsmith who built them has drilled the site base and the upper receiver so that with the installation of a vertical pin in the upper the site base is pinned from rotating and rides vertically up and down on the pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top