Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 10:51:56 AM EDT
I really, really wanted to love my AK.  It's a fine model, a '95 Maadi ARM which is absolutely the spitting equal of an AKM.  I've taken it out to the range three times now and it has gone bang without fail, nothing shook loose and in general worked just as advertised.

But I wish it was another AR taking up space in my safe.  The AK's not as accurate, has tons more muzzle flip and has a stock made for a dwarf.  My ARs have proven to be stone reliable (with GI mags in them), can hit a softball-sized target at 100 yards with no problem and are just all around excellent black rifles.

I'll keep the Maadi but its' gonna be the redhaired stepchild in the safe for a while yet...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I really, really wanted to love my AK.  It's a fine model, a '95 Maadi ARM which is absolutely the spitting equal of an AKM.  I've taken it out to the range three times now and it has gone bang without fail, nothing shook loose and in general worked just as advertised.

But I wish it was another AR taking up space in my safe.  The AK's not as accurate, has tons more muzzle flip and has a stock made for a dwarf.  My ARs have proven to be stone reliable (with GI mags in them), can hit a softball-sized target at 100 yards with no problem and are just all around excellent black rifles.

I'll keep the Maadi but its' gonna be the redhaired stepchild in the safe for a while yet...
View Quote

At least change the stock - no way you can like the rifle as it is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top