Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 8:03:29 AM EDT
My RRA Entry tactical has not yet arrived so I am playing a few things out in my head.... and thats where the problem lies.

Here is my question.

What if I cut away most of the front section of my entry tactical carry handle and then mounted an Eotech 551 in its place. In this scenario I would have the stock rear sight and rear section of the tactical carry handle and Eotech mounted to the rail...it would be a constant co-witness...

or should I chuck the tactical carry handle and buy  a flip up rear sight to accompany my Eotech?.

I am new to the AR world so any comments  and advice is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#1]
two option, you can ask RRA to replace the tac handle with a detachable carrying handle, cut the carrying handle for the most dependable and solid back up rear iron sight.  Along with your EOTech, it makes for great co-witness setup.  option two, you can ditch the tac handle or ask RRA to delete the handle from your order.  the money you save, you can buy an ARMS #40 BUIS, it is the best flip up rear sight on the market. ARMS #40 will alos co-witness perfectly with EOTech.

RRA tac handle are pretty much a good idea that turn into a bad design.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
SMGLee
Thanks  for the info....

Apparently mine is on its way. So I may have to purchase a ARMS #40 BUIS.

I was just curious if I could cut two -thirds off the front of the tac handle–leaving the rear third (with rear sight still mounted) allowing enough room for an Eotech up front.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have an Entry Tactical, just put the EOtech on top of the factory detachable rail.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/m4_entry_tactical.htm
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for your help....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top