Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:31:13 PM EDT
Just bought a Preban A2 16" LW kit w/ A2 stock  from Model 1 Sales and recieved it in 5 days.  I have to say that I am very impressed with this product.  I found no physical flaws (so far) and the fit and finish matched my lower to the bone.  I replaced the A2 birdcage with a A2tac brake from Kurts (which is beautiful!!) and shaved off the bayonet lug (to make it postban).  

----

The balance and weight of a 16" LW is awesome.  I've held HBar's, M-4's and all the sorts, but the LW tops them all.  

----

I've read multiple posts on how the A2 stock is too long for alot of people, but Im not sure I understand why that is.  I'm 5'8", 150lbs and the A2 fits perfect for me.  But, thats just me, we all have our preferences.  I certainly would not use an A2 for CQB SWAT type scenarios or vehicle usage.  But, for SHTF field use, its great.  

----

Have yet to have the time to take it to the range, but a definete report will follow soon.

----

I'd recommend Model 1 to anyone.  I honestly cant tell the difference between a Model 1 and Bushy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:07:13 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]I'd recommend Model 1 to anyone. I honestly can't tell the difference between a Model 1 and Bushy.[/b]

Just outta curiosity, do you own & shoot a Bushmaster AR-15?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
dont own one, but have shot a Bushmaster and Colt.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have considered replacing my 16" Hbar with a LW profile barrel. Anyone know how much this will reduce the weight of the weapon?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If the tacbrake is not pinned and welded or silversoddered on, I think you are in violation of the AW ban. This is because the muzzle is threaded and the brake is not perm. attached.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have considered replacing my 16" Hbar with a LW profile barrel. Anyone know how much this will reduce the weight of the weapon?
View Quote
M4 barrels are about 1/2 lb lighter than HBARs.  The LW would be lighter than that by a little bit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushy 16" Lightweight- 5.80 lbs
Bushy 16" M4 - 6.59 lbs
Bushy 16" HBAR - 7.22 lbs
Gov. 14.5" M4 - 7.50 lbs (from army.mil)

----

yeah, mine is pinned and welded.  was simple, took only a few minutes.  afterwards is the annoying part where you have to smooth out the weld
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks andromeda. Now I have to decide if I want to buy a post ban LW barrel now or weight and get one configured for a pre ban in anticipation of the sunset.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a 16" pencil barrel thin LW A3 upper from Model 1 last summer. I've since swapped the barrel to a A1 upper to make a more traditional type CAR out of it. Probably a pound and a half less than my Bushy HBAR 16" upper.

Been out shooting the heck out of it on a preban Oly lower.  I shaved off the bayo lug and have been swapping the flash hider in and out with a thread protector. That makes it very, very light. Easy to shoot with one hand. It does get quite hot though. Lots of fun to shoot.

Model 1 does make a postban version which is without bayo lug and doesn't have any kind of compensator on it. It is also very light. It would work  well on a Cav Arms lower. That would really make it light.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bushy 16" Lightweight- 5.80 lbs
Bushy 16" M4 - 6.59 lbs
Bushy 16" HBAR - 7.22 lbs
Gov. 14.5" M4 - 7.50 lbs (from army.mil)
View Quote

By Gov. 14.5" M4, it seems they are talking about M4 MWS, not plain M4. (M4 and KAC M4 RAS)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top